Right, so I realized I missed one very important point in my last post... We all went to see Cars 2 for Quinn's birthday, and it was pretty darn cool. I loved seeing all the cities in animated form, especially the little bits of Rome and Paris, since I've been to both of those places. And all the characters, and the actors who voiced them...I sat there listening to Joe Mantegna, who's on Criminal Minds, and there was even a cameo voice appearance by Sig Hansen, one of the crab fisherman on Deadliest Catch, who voiced the crab-fishing boat at the beginning of the movie.
So, anyway, not much going on here other than that. I decided to take a week off from my movie-watching, just because I felt like it (and there really wasn't anything I felt like watching anyway). So, I grabbed Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows off the shelf Tuesday night, and started in on it. Mom reread it before me, but she started just before the Part 1 of the movie ended, so she really just read the material for Part 2. I started from the beginning, and I was actually surprised at how much more there was to the story than what was in the movie. I mean, all movies leave out stuff, but some of the things made a whole lot more sense because of the book.
So, I'm glad I read it. I have to admit that I did glance over the Wikipedia summary a few weeks prior, thinking that I wouldn't have the time, energy, etc. to read the book itself. But, I'm so glad I actually did get to read it. Mom and I had a lengthy discussion on how exactly Draco Malfoy became the master of the Elder Wand (he disarmed Dumbledore before Snape killed him on the Astronomy Tower in the sixth book), and why Harry, by taking Draco's normal wand, could suddenly become the new master of the Elder Wand. We had to admit, it was a stretch for JK Rowling to bring that one together, but whatever. Made for a better ending.
We also had a lengthy discussion on Snape, and just how much neither of us (or the characters in the book, for that matter) really knew about him until the very end, when Harry was able to look through the memories Snape had given him before his death. I'd known about his love for Lily from reading the Wikipedia summary, but to read through the memories...you feel so bad for Snape by the end of it all. And for his Patronus to still be a doe... "After all this time?" "Always." So sad...
Anyway, before I start into some long, drawn-out discussion about everything that happened in the book, let me stop it there. I cannot wait for the movie, though. Mom did something shocking, and said the three of us should go on Tuesday. Normally, we wait until at least a week after a movie's release before going to see it, because Mom (well, none of us, really) like the big crowds. But, I don't think any of us could wait that long. I'm really curious to see Snape's memories scene, because from what I've been looking at on Tumblr (you wouldn't believe how much you can pull up just from searching 'Harry Potter') that Alan Rickman's performance is quite good. I'm also curious to see the special effects work for the 'Battle of Hogwarts' scenes.
And if you know me, you know I find the weirdest/craziest things on the internet. So, let me preface this with an explanation. You know how you look something up on Wikipedia, and you end up clicking on a link inside that article, and then you click on another, which takes you deeper/farther away from your original article, but still technically linked? Well, here's me: Harry Potter; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix; Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix characters; Severus Snape; Alan Rickman...and yes, I'm reading each page before I move on...and suddenly, there's this section about Alan Rickman being in a music video for a band called Texas, and I'm immediately searching for it on YouTube. (I have no idea why.)
And okay, so this video's, like, over ten years old, and pretty boring with the exception of the tango bit, but I'm sitting here simultaneously going, "WTF"/"OMG"/"SNAPE!" and laughing and trying to figure out why the heck I actually needed to look this video up.
Um, what else? Well, we got together with my grandmother last night. Had dinner together...just Chinese food, but we don't get it often, so it tasted awesome. I opened my fortune cookie to find an amazing fortune - the dream is within you - which I thought was very pretty. And it was really a normal night, other than that. I've got a couple of babysitting jobs coming up - one the 21st, and the other the 26th, for the same person, my mom's co-worker, who's having back surgery. So, I'll be making some money off of that, especially considering that I'll be babysitting for close to five hours each of the two days. And I'm dreading one of the usual Friday morning or Saturday morning emails from the other family I babysit for, asking if I can babysit 'tonight'. Tonight? Really? You can't give me more notice than that? So annoying, but I'm able to put up with it.
I've also been listening to Colbie Caillat's new album, All of You. I especially like Brighter Than the Sun, Before I Let You Go, Like Yesterday, and What If, which I heard in Letters to Juliet and loved. I still have yet to buy them from iTunes...that's one thing on my to-do list for the weekend. As well as clean my room, clean Ella's cage, get to the pool so I can get my tan back, etc. Okay, I'm signing off before I can come up with any more useless junk to write. Maybe this weekend, I'll get another post up.
No comments:
Post a Comment