Monday, July 25, 2011

I've Been Spending A Lot Of Time At The Pool...

Hello there. I realize I have been a bit lazy in updating/posting. I've been busy.

So, Friday...was normal, as far as I can remember. Saturday was nice...we spent a couple hours at the pool, then Mom, Quinn, and I went to Village Tavern for dinner, while Dad worked at Catered Affairs. We came home, and Mom and I watched P.S. I Love You, which was awesomely cute. And then, we ended up watching Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone...we were going to watch it on tv, but we didn't have a visual feed for the first few minutes, so we grabbed the dvd that came with the Lego Harry Potter game and watched that. And it's funny how differently you watch it after seeing all the other movies, especially the last one.

Sunday was nice, too. I went to the grocery store with Mom, and then we basically had lunch at home, and then went to the pool for a few hours. I got sunburned...and again, it was because I floated around on that pink raft, and of course, when you're halfway submerged in the water, you don't feel yourself burning until it's too late. But, oh well. It's already getting better.

We came home, and I watched Dad put up the new bottom panel for our garage door. (Our old one had rotted out, so Dad 'fixed' it by putting a piece of wood on it, which changed the weight balance, so we really needed a new one...plus, we needed new springs anyway.) So, he got that done, and then we had hot dogs and pasta salad for dinner. And then, I cleaned Ella's cage, and watched most of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, because it was on ABC Family. And that was pretty much it for the night.

Today has been good so far. I got up, watched The Misfits, which really wasn't terribly good plot-wise, in my opinion, but I wanted to see it because of the stars. This was Clark Gable's last film before his death, Marilyn Monroe's last completed film before her death, and one of the last films Montgomery Clift made. The end of an era, really. Anyway, then, I had lunch, washed the dishes, put a couple of songs on my dad's iPod, and I'm currently working on the same thing for my own iPod.

On the agenda for the next few days...well, tonight, we're going to go over to my aunt's to pick up the truck, since I'm babysitting in the morning. I'm getting up at 5:15am...not looking forward to that. But, the kids are nice, and I'm making forty bucks out of it, so it's all good. The only thing is that it's a good six-hour chunk taken out of my day...five and a half hours of babysitting, plus 30 minutes driving each way. But whatever. Totally worth it.

Also, I officially have a job. Dad got me a spot at Catered Affairs, the company that does the food for the Wake Forest football games. So, I get to work servicing suites (on the same floor as Dad) for the Wake home football games this fall at ten bucks an hour. And I might possibly be working some of the Winston Salem Open, because Dad said his supervisor/boss needs a lot of people working it. Of course, I'll only be able to work it the 22nd (of August) through the 25th, because we're leaving for Louisville on the 26th to see my uncle run the Iron Man there, but still, my first real job! Sweet!

Um, not much else to talk about, so I guess I'll just leave it at that.

No comments: