Well, I'm behind on posting. Again. Haha, no surprise there, at least not anymore. I just can't seem to get back on the posting bandwagon. I am writing though, just not for the blog. I've got a bunch of little ficlets I'm working on, just for my benefit. I'm a lot better at creative writing than I am at recaps and essays and junk like that. Maybe I should be an author instead...haha, yeah right.
Anyway, I've been busy. Since my last post, my cousin Matt came into town this past Friday from Georgia, where he's in the Marines. My aunt, uncle, and cousins brought down his new car last week on their way to Florida, and so he made arrangements to come up and get it.
We ended up going out to lunch at The Loop on Saturday, then heading over to the mall. Quinn bought a video game, and I stopped at Clinique to get some foundation, which cost enough for me to qualify for the bonus, which was nice. And then, we went to Best Buy so Matt could get stuff for his iPhone, and then we went back to the house, got ready, and then went to my aunt & uncle's for a cookout.
We swam at the pool, and had dinner, and then ate dessert, and then Matt and I made a drink run without really alerting anyone as to where we were going. We just kind of snuck out, got in his car, and he drove over to our house to get the cream soda we had bought, and then to the grocery store for Yoohoo and Red Bull, which was fun. We came back, and ended up spending a few hours at the pool, chilling with everyone in the hot tub and swimming in the main pool.
On Sunday, we did our grocery shopping, and then went to the pool for the afternoon. We came back to the house, got ready, and then Matt picked me up, and we went to Walmart, Target, and Best Buy to price out cameras because Matt wants to buy one eventually. When we got back, my aunt and uncle had arrived, and we took some pictures of his car, and then had chicken fajitas for dinner, and cake and ice cream for dessert to celebrate Matt's birthday early. And then, we watched the closing ceremonies, which were...well, interesting is the only word I can think of.
Other than that, not much going on. Just chilling out, trying to get in my last few weeks of relaxation before school starts, and I have to deal with thinking about college and touring Forsyth Tech and applying to college and researching financial aid and all that grown-up stuff. I don't really want to be an adult. I just want to stay a kid forever. But, that's life.
Well, I think that's it for now. If I think of anything else, it'll give me an excuse to write up another post. Haha, like that's going to happen. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment