Holy crap, y'all. I haven't posted in a long time. Sorry. I've been busy, and then lazy, and then busy again, and now I'm just lazy. Anyway, quick recap of what I've been doing lately.
I went to Lane's house a couple Fridays ago for a party. Aaron loved the high-low dress I wore, and we ended up starting a fire in the fire pit and burning a bunch of Lane's papers. We had pizza for dinner, and then sat around the patio table chatting with a bunch of Lane and Aaron's friends, and ate cupcakes, and then we burned some more paper, and hid from Ryan, and made s'mores, and then I finally had to leave because I really needed to get home and get some sleep. So much fun.
I spent a week at my mom's co-worker's house, starting on Saturday, taking care of her animals and house-sitting while she and her family went on vacation. I basically woke up, took the dog out, fed the dog, opened the chicken coop, watered the plants, took the dog out at noon, took the dog out at 5:00, fed the dog, checked the mail, gathered eggs from the coop, took the dog out again at 9:00, and then went to bed at midnight.
It was a tiring week. I did absolutely nothing in terms of activity, other than going to the mall on Sunday, taking things to the consignment store on Monday, and Enchanted Cottage on Thursday, but I was so tired by the end of it all. But, I made $200 and had a bit of a mini-vacation, so it was fun.
And then, I had two days to recover before my aunt, uncle, and three cousins came into town Monday night. They were on their way to Florida for a family reunion. We had pizza for dinner at my aunt's house, and then the cousins came over to our house to spend the night, and then we had breakfast in the morning, and then the five of us kids went to the mall and had Panera for lunch, and then went to my aunt's pool for the afternoon before coming back to our house for taco soup for dinner. And then, they left at 8:00, so they could get four or five hours down the road and get a hotel.
Um, other than that, I've been watching a lot of the Olympics. Mom and Quinn came over to Jeannie's (where I was house-sitting) for the opening ceremonies, which were okay. Not terrible, but it was no Beijing. I thought it started well, with the agrarian landscape changing to the industrial landscape, but then it got kind of choppy and disjointed. There was a tribute to the NHS (National Health Service), and then a bunch of creepy literary villains came out, and a ton of Mary Poppins' defeated a giant, 100-foot Lord Voldemort, and that's where I said, "Okay, I'm done. This is weird."
I though they focused too much on individual people/things. Literary characters, NHS, some guy who invented the world wide web...it was a little too specific. If you didn't know anything about Britain when the ceremony started, you still wouldn't have known much about their history by the end of the evening. Or at least that's what I thought.
I've been watching a lot of beach volleyball, gymnastics, and swimming, which is what's being featured in primetime. But, I've been watching some of the live stuff during the day, and the whitewater course is pretty awesome. Rowing is pretty fun to watch as well. I love watching the features on London itself. Beefeaters, and the Tower Bridge, and Horse Guards Parade, and all that cool stuff. I totally wish I was there.
In terms of movies we've seen recently, Big Miracle was cute, The Debt was amazing, Cowboys & Aliens was really dumb (I kept telling my mom that, and she kept insisting we put it on our Netflix queue), and Mirror Mirror was actually really awesome. I loved it so much more than Snow White & the Huntsmen.
And I think that's about it. Nothing much else going on. Just chilling out, which is nice. I'm glad I don't have much to do this week. I really just want to sit here and watch the Olympics forever, because I'm actually really enjoying it.
No comments:
Post a Comment