Thursday, August 9, 2012

Today's Project...

Oh, my gosh, so today, I actually worked on a project that I've been meaning to get done for a while now. And it felt so good to be productive again...I need to do this more often because it's so fun. And the project itself was so cheap, I couldn't resist sharing.

So, today's project was to frame a few photos for my room. I bought three frames at Rose's - two 5x7's (one blue, one green...$2 each) and one green 4x6 ($1.50) a few days ago. Yesterday, I spent the day uploading, saving, cropping, editing, and otherwise digitally enhancing the photos I had decided to use, and today, I uploaded them to Snapfish and ordered them to be picked up at Walgreens (5 glossy 4x6 photos for $1.01). I think I ordered them at 1:05, and they were ready at 1:25, but I waited to pick them up after I dropped Mom off at work.

I updated the picture in one of my older frames, then did the new 4x6 frame. I used scrap paper from my mom's scrapbooking supplies to mat the other two 4x6 pictures to fit the 5x7 frames, and matted them in the opposite color of the frame to make them pop. The final products look like this:

Finally replaced the old photo of Aaron & I with something more current. (I think that's a glitter speck on the glass over my chin.)


The new 4x6 frame.


The new 5x7's with 4x6 photos and opposite matting.

So, I now have five frames instead of two, which is nice. And the whole project cost me just over $6.50 total, which was surprisingly cheap for as much as I got out of it. Also, remind me to do more projects in the future, because I forget how much I like working on these types of things.

No comments: