Saturday, June 5, 2010

Emma's Surprise Party

So, this week I've been lying to a friend. Haha...but it's not as bad as it sounds. So, because Emma is moving, Sylvia and I were planning a surprise goodbye party for her, which took place last night. And was awesome. So, here's the run-down of what happened all this week that I couldn't post on here because Emma reads my blog.

So, all the "errands" I've been running - they've been to Party City for balloons and streamers and plates and cups and napkins and stuff. They've been to Costco for veggies and fruit. They've been to the grocery store for chip dip and lemonade. Etc, etc. Just so you know.

We've been staining the deck not only because it really needed it (which it did), but because we wanted the backyard to look good for the party. Ditto for the weeding, planting, cleaning we did.

So, now, onto the party. So, yesterday morning, I got up early and worked around the house, cleaning and dusting and working on some little things that needed to get done. Emma's dad came by to drop off Emma's sleepover stuff, since she had no other way of getting it over here. So, I worked outside sweeping and watering the plants, and then when Mom got home, we went and picked up the cake and got McDonald's for a quick lunch.

I went to the mall at 2, where I met Sylvia and Emma. We shopped for a while, and I bought a skirt from Aeropostale (that was 70% off, by the way). At 3:30, Dad came and picked me up for an "orthodontist appointment", which was my excuse to Emma for leaving early. In reality, I was going back to my house to decorate and get set up before everyone arrived at 5:30. Sylvia stayed with Emma until Anita was able to get to the mall, and then Sylvia made her way over to my house, while Anita was in charge of bringing Emma when everyone was ready.

So, I got home, got dressed in my purple and black checkered dress, painted my toenails purple, and then enlisted Mom and Dad to help me set up. We draped streamers, blew up balloons, put down tablecloths, put strings of lights on the deck railing, etc. and then people started arriving. When Anita was five minutes away, she texted Sylvia, and we all moved to the deck and waited for Emma to arrive. When she came through the gate, we all yelled "Surprise!" and then had a great time. We had pizza and chips and fruit and veggies and cake...and Mom made a double batch of punch. Emma got some great gifts, and we all laughed and screamed and had lots of fun.

So, after everyone left, Anita, Emma, Sylvia, and Maggie spent the night, and we talked a bunch. We watched our homemade version of "The Little Mermaid" again, which is still just as hilarious as the first time we saw it. I still crack up every time Sylvia (who is supposed to be the table or whatever) drops Ursula's crystal ball right in the middle of the scene. And Alicia's awesomely cool King Triton abs...haha. King Triton (handing over his crown/tiara and triton/wand): "Do you want my abs?" Ursula: "Uh, no. You can keep those."

This morning, everyone got up at about 10:30, and we had doughnuts for breakfast. Then, Maggie left, and Sylvia, Anita, and I packed up and got dressed and then sat around and talked until their parents came. And that's pretty much it. I haven't been doing anything else the whole day cuz I'm just lazy like that.

No comments: