Friday, June 18, 2010

I'm Not Sure What To Call This Post...So This Is My Title

So I haven't posted in almost a week...oops. Oh well...there really wasn't much going on, besides our normal stuff anyway. And even that was kinda...well, normal. So, let me just skip that.

I'm having fun laying in the sun in our backyard, but I'm dying to have the pool ready. They did the concrete yesterday, and we went over this morning to see it. It's so cool. They're putting in a sunshelf (essentially just a big slab of concrete in the shallow end), so that you can sit on it, and only be up to your shoulders in the water. And they added a hole in it, so that you can put an umbrella in it...how cool is that? And there's going to be a bunch of boulders around, including a diving rock instead of a diving board. And the plaster (I think that's what it is) for the inside of the pool is going to be black, which is going to look so cool once there's water in it. But, anyway, I can't wait, because I'm getting tired of having to spray myself with the garden hose if I get hot. Haha.

We got our test scores back today, and, drumroll please...I didn't fail! Well, it's technically not a pass/fail type of test, but still. I scored high on pretty much everything, except for the fractions part of the math test, which Mom and I aren't all that concerned about, because Mom says that you use fractions differently (if you even use them at all) in real life than you do on the test problems. Quinn did well, too, in case you care, and Mom and I talked over next school year's plan, as to what we need to work on, what new things can I do, and since I'm sorta helping her plan Quinn's stuff, what Quinn needs to work on.

This weekend should be interesting, seeing as it's Father's Day weekend. We've gotten my dad a few gifts, and we'll either go out to eat on Sunday or just have dinner here at home. We're also working on tiling the area above the shower this weekend. Well, I'm not technically going to be helping, because Aunt Lynne is coming over to help Mom and Dad.

Um, well, I think that's it. I seem to have a very either boring or relaxed lifestyle, depending on how you look at it. But whatever...it's summer, and I'm happy, and that's all that matters.

No comments: