Hey everyone! So, I'm sixteen today...just so you know. Haha. Well, I've officially been a year older since 8:08 this morning, but still...
So, today, I woke up at 8:00, and officially got to see the clock turn to 8:08...at which point Mom promptly texted me a "Happy Birth-Minute" message. And so I kinda chilled until 8:15 and then took a shower and got ready for the day. Dad had a "Happy Birthday" note on a post-it on the bathroom mirror, along with a "Happy Not Your Birthday" post-it for Quinn.
Once I had gotten myself all dressed (my skinny jeans and lavender/grey striped top), and my makeup on, I went downstairs and watched The Shopworn Angel, which was pretty good, but I think I'm bias because I love anything James Stewart is in...but anyway. So, after that, I came up and had lunch (taco soup and cornbread leftovers...because we had a ton left over). And then I washed the tiny pile of dishes.
Next was homework...I finished my world history book last week, so that's done. And I'll finish with A Tale of Two Cities by the end of this week, so that's cool. And then Mom came home, with the mail in hand...three more birthday cards. So, I opened and read all of them, and then promptly wrote out the 'thank you' cards for them, so they could go in the mail on Tuesday.
So, we ended up just chilling for the afternoon. Mom and Dad had a flower arrangement delivered to the house this afternoon as a gift, which was amazingly sweet. And it's super-pretty. Then we chilled some more, and when Dad got home at 6:00, we all piled into the car and headed to Village Tavern for a birthday dinner, which was awesomely good.
Then, we came home, and Mom popped in our latest Netflix rental, The Last Airbender, which I sorta watched. I was kinda working on the crossword for the first half and then reading over my driver's handbook for the other half. When it ended, I went downstairs and let Ella run around while I watched Pretty Little Liars, which was pretty cool. My favorite part this week was Ezra picking Aria up in the limo...so cute!
Random thing...but I think I wrote 'thanks' and 'thank you' about a bazillion times today. Between the cards and the wall-posts on Facebook, some from people I haven't talked to in forever, I swear could now write/type 'thanks' and 'thank you' in my sleep. Just so you know...
Anyway, so that was pretty much it for the day. Tomorrow, I go to the DMV to try for my license...fingers crossed! Right now, I'm not nervous, but I'm sure once I wake up, I'll feel it...no idea why though. Nothing much else going on for the rest of the week, but that's alright with me. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment