So, it's been pretty normal around here, I guess...
On Thursday morning, Dad left for Fort Worth, and then I got ready for the day. I ended up going downstairs and watching Guys and Dolls, which was really...well, interesting. It was one of those things film bloggers call a "splashy, obnoxious '50's musical" or something to that extreme. Frank Sinatra was cool as always, and Marlon Brando...well, he's handsome, that's a given, but a song-and-dance-man? Not really... But anyway, I digress.
So, when I finished watching that, I came upstairs and worked on my schoolwork, and then just chilled for the afternoon. Mom came home, and we talked for a bit, and then she left for work, and Quinn and I had dinner, watched the news and a couple of game shows, and then laughed our way through Wipeout. And then, I let Ella out, and when Mom came home, we watched 30 Rock and The Office, which were pretty funny.
Today, I woke up late, after some pretty intense dreaming (something about being at Hanes, and then another where I was part of a big tour group or class field trip or whatever, and we ended up weathering a storm at somebody's humongous house...). Anyway, I got ready, and then played around on the computer until Mom came home from her half-day at work. We had Taco Bell for lunch, and then Mom and I went downstairs and watched One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, which she hadn't seen in forever and I wanted to see because it's a Best Picture winner. And it was quite some movie. It was funny, sad, dramatic...all in one. So, I pretty much loved it.
Then, we came upstairs and chilled and relaxed, and then Mom left for her other job, and Quinn and I had dinner, watched the news and gameshows, and then I went downstairs to watch another Best Picture winner, Going My Way, which was really good. Of course, give me pretty much any film in which Bing Crosby sings, and I'm hooked... Anyway, I liked it, and it killed a couple hours, and I got to check off another Best Picture winner, so I'm happy.
I let Ella out while I was watching the movie, so when Mom came home, we watched Who Do You Think You Are, which was pretty good, had a snack, and then said goodnight and went to bed.
Tomorrow, we're just chilling for the day, and then going to Red Lobster for an early dinner. And that's pretty much it.
No comments:
Post a Comment