I think I'm just about the happiest girl in the world right now...and it feels pretty darn good. :)
Anyway, so Monday, Mom stayed home from work, and I ended up running errands for a little while. I went to the bank to cash a check for Mom, and then headed over to Target. I got what I needed - body wash and headbands - and then ended up looking in the shoe section, just for the heck of it, even though I have tiny feet and none of the women's shoes ever fit me. Well, wouldn't you know it, I found a pair, in a size 5.5, that fit pretty well. I can't find a picture of them online, and right now, I'm not in the mood to take pictures, so yeah. But, they're cute, and they fit, and I like them. So, that was basically Monday, except for schoolwork and all that.
I finished The Grapes of Wrath on Monday, and it was actually really cool. It was the weirdest ending though. I was expecting some sort of revelation or resolution or something, but it never came. But, it was still pretty cool. I'm glad I read it. And thanks to Robyn for pushing me to read it...it had been sitting on the shelf for the longest time.
So, today was pretty amazing. I woke up at 8:00, got ready, went downstairs, made a couple of cards, then watched Storm in a Teacup, an old 1937 movie starring Vivien Leigh and Rex Harrison, which was neat. Then, I had lunch, and washed the dishes, and then cleaned my room, the living room, and the bathroom. I spent an hour painting my nails (I was trying to paint them black with white polka dots to match my skirt, but the dots turned out more like blobs than actual dots...), and ended up having to repaint a couple of them, and I accidentally spilled a little of the black polish on my carpet, but we were going to flip it over anyway, so it doesn't really matter. Then, I printed out a couple of maps, and then went into the bathroom and straightened my hair. Mom got home, and then I got dressed in the outfit I had picked out - black and white polka dotted skirt, white cami, black cardigan (with a black belt at the waist), and my new shoes.
Mom, Quinn, and I left the house, and I dropped them off at the parcourse to walk. I went off alone, down Reynolda, to Northwest Blvd., to Hawthorne, and onto Cloverdale to pick up Robyn, and then I took First Street to Stratford to Reynolda back. We ate at Zoe's, and talked about all sorts of things, then paid and left, picking up Mom and Quinn on the way back through. When we got home, Robyn and I sat in my room and talked for a while, and then we grabbed my dad and headed off to Greensboro at 6:30.
We got to the Carolina Theatre at 7:15, purchased our tickets, put our names in for a door prize drawing (neither of us won anything), got concessions, and went into the theatre and grabbed a couple of seats. They drew for prizes, and announced that their was a 95-year-old lady in attendance that night that had been to the theatre back in the 1920's when it was a vaudeville house. And then, the movie began.
It's amazing how different a movie is on the big screen versus on your tv at home. Being part of an audience is I think what made the experience for me. Everyone was laughing and clapping and just having a good time, which made the film all the more fun to watch. I had already seen Swing Time, a Fred Astaire/Ginger Rogers film from 1936 (wow...this film is 75 years old, 3/4 of a century...). Anyway, it was amazing to see, and I had a blast watching it. When it was over, and we had made a quick stop at the restroom, we crossed the street and hopped in the car, where my dad was waiting to take us home.
We dropped Robyn off at her house, and then Dad drove me home, and I fed Ella, and chilled for a little while before coming back to my room for the night. On the agenda for tomorrow...dinner at my grandmother's, and that's about it for the week.

No comments:
Post a Comment