Thursday, March 17, 2011

Look, Look, Look to the Rainbow...

So, not much has been going on, but I'm bored right now, and felt like typing, so here I am.
I guess it's been a pretty normal week... I finished Animal Farm by George Orwell a yesterday, and I have to say, it was quite interesting. Just reading about main characters who are animals was pretty different...different, but cool.

Mom and I went to Target yesterday for hairdryers, because hers died, and mine was getting there...my high setting was nowhere near the power it used to be. So, we got those, and a couple of other things, and that was it.

I've been trying to watch some more movies than I had been, and this week, Mom is working all week, so I've had a good chance to watch a couple...Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (which I hadn't seen in years), After the Thin Man, The Broadway Melody (a Best Picture winner), and today, in honor of St. Patrick's Day (and because TCM runs Irish/St. Patty's Day movies anyway), I watched Finian's Rainbow, which was actually pretty cute. Silly, but cute.

finian`s rainbow 1968 logo for motion picture soundtrack

And I really wish I could find the dance Astaire (still dancing around at age 69) and Clark perform to "Look to the Rainbow", but it's not online anywhere...so I'll drop in another scene instead... Ah, crud...embedding is disabled...well, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQfjFYV3ihc&feature=related
Basically, Fred goes off into the woods to bury the pot of gold he stole and meets the leprechaun he stole it from.

So, anyway, I thought it was a cute movie, and it got me in the St. Patty's Day spirit. Yes, I did put on a green shirt this morning, but I hadn't really been feeling the whole shamrocks and leprechauns and Irish vibe until I saw that movie. Now, I'm twirling around humming "Look to the Rainbow" and having a good time of it, too.

Um, what else? Not much...Mom started her new night/evening job this past Monday, working for a cleaning company at Hanes Brands offices. We're going to Louisville, KY to watch my uncle compete in an Iron Man in August, so she's working to get up some extra money for that. Which is great, but it means I get to spend less time with her in the evenings, since she leaves at 5:30, and isn't back until 10:15. But, I guess we'll survive.

Last night was pretty cool, though. Mom left at 5:30, and Quinn and I ate dinner (meatloaf, Au gratin potatoes, corn, salad), and chilled for a little while. I watched Jeopardy by myself (Quinn went into his room), and it was very interesting...the two challengers had negative scores at the end of Double Jeopardy, and so couldn't play in the final round, so there was only one guy up there answering the final question.

Anyway, Dad came home around 8:30, while I was letting Ella out, and then I came upstairs and had a piece of a Jersey Mike's turkey sub (Dad had ordered a sub platter for his meeting, and had food leftover), and we wrapped a couple for lunch the following day. So, we ended up watching Criminal Minds, which was amazing...it was Prentiss' (played by Paget Brewster) last episode, and it was definitely pretty awesome. And then, Mom came home, and we ended up watching it again so we wouldn't accidentally spoil it for her. And then, we pretty much went to bed, but it was a fun night.

Okay, that's enough. And I'm sorry for the really random topic choices, but that's the way my brain was thinking, and I'm too lazy to reorder everything. Not much on the agenda for the next few days, except for the fact that I'm babysitting my mom's co-worker's 3-year-old son on Saturday for about three or four hours, so that should be interesting, and hopefully, pretty fun.

No comments: