Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter To You...

So, I've been busy...

On Saturday, I got up, got ready, had breakfast, then Mom and I went to the grocery store, and then we colored Easter eggs. Well, Quinn and I colored Easter eggs... Then, I chilled for a while, and that evening, Dad and I went to the Dash game at BB&T Ballpark. And it was pretty amazing. We got to see the Budweiser clydesdales, which were huge, and then we spent a while bouncing from line to line trying to exchange our tickets, but it was all good. We walked around a bit, and then made our way up to Party Deck 2, and met some of the Komen volunteers, and the local Primo Water affiliate (they were sponsoring the Party Deck).

And then, we got some food (hotdogs and potato salad) and drinks and cookies, and sat down and watched the game from the deck. And while I admit I'm not much of a baseball fan, the games in between the innings were hilarious. People leap-frogging each other, trying to find their shoes, running the bases with inner tubes around their bodies...all kinds of crazy stuff. So, we watched both games, since it was a double-header, and then walked back up the hill to the parking lot. My feet were freezing afterward, because I had decided to wear sandals, and the grass was dewy, and the temperature had dropped considerably since we left the house.

Anyway, on Sunday, I got up, got ready, and Mom helped me put candy in the Easter eggs, and then we went out and hid them in the yard. And then, we let my brother loose, and he started hunting. Which turned out to be harder than he thought because we numbered the eggs, and he had to bring them to us in order, 1 to 45. So, we had to give him a ton of "hot or cold" and we gave him a couple of 30-second free-for-alls where he could pick up as many as he could and bring them back to us, out of order.

So, once we finished, Quinn and I got our gifts. Quinn got a video game, and I got a cute little necklace from The Jewel Box. Then, we helped Mom make deviled eggs, and a veggie casserole, and then I cleaned Ella's cage, because I didn't have time on Saturday. Then, we chilled for a while before heading to my aunt and uncle's for a cookout. We chilled by the pool for a while, then had burgers for dinner, and sat and talked, and then had bread pudding for dessert. And then, we talked some more, and then headed home. Mom and I watched Charlie St. Cloud, which was pretty good, and then I came upstairs and chilled.

In other news, I have a babysitting job on Friday, my first repeat customers, actually. I'm going to be babysitting Malcolm and Watson again (see my Adventures in Babysitting post). And hopefully, this time will go smoother than the first. Fingers crossed.

Anyway, since today is Easter and all (although there's only just under an hour left in the day), I thought I'd post something sorta Easter-y. I love this number to pieces. The movie...eh, not so much. But, I swear, I could not get that "Happy Easter" tune out of my head today...



And although I don't particularly like Judy Garland, this number is pretty funny. They don't look at all like themselves here. I was watching some documentary of the movie (which is Easter Parade, by the way), and what went into the production and filming and all that, and apparently, Judy picked out the most crazy, oversized stuff, and went all out, while Fred was constantly asking if his outfit was too much.



So, anyway, I think my post is becoming much to long, so I'll spare you any other comments I have to make tonight, and just say goodnight! :)

No comments: