Sunday, June 5, 2011

Holding On and Letting Go...

I keep coming back on here because I don't have anything else to do...

Okay, so weekend recap. On Saturday, I got up, got ready, and then Mom and I decided to head over to the pool for a few hours, which was nice. Then, we came home, I straightened my hair (it gets wet, and curls from about my ear down, while the top part stays nice and straight...stupid hair). Anyway, then the four of us went out to Mayflower for dinner, which was good. And then, we chilled for the evening. I cleaned Ella's cage, and then Dad and I watched hockey.

Today was about the same. I got up, got ready, and then Mom and I went to the grocery store. We came home, then went to Target for a few things (I'll be returning tomorrow to do some clothes shopping...I saw this adorable dress while we were there and didn't have time to try it on). And then, we came home, and went back out, this time to the pool. And again, we stayed a couple of hours, but this time, I didn't straighten my hair, seeing as we weren't going anywhere.

So, we had spaghetti and meatballs and salad and garlic bread for dinner, and watched The Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole, which was just okay...but I did get to listen to an Owl City song on the soundtrack, so that was cool. Then, we just basically chilled out, and Mom, Quinn, and I watched Charlie Shakes It Up and So Random on Disney Channel while I let Ella out, and then I watched some home inspection/remodeling show with Dad, and that's about it.

A couple of things to note: I am considering working at the Wake Forest football games this coming season in Deacon Tower. My dad works there servicing suites, and he said they needed some more people since some of the other people are leaving. So, I'm considering it, as a way to make a little more money.

I'm, little by little, getting my creativity back. It's taking a while, but I'm starting to work on some of those aforementioned projects, and hopefully, in a couple of weeks, I'll be back to my full creative potential. Hopefully.

Today I scratched some of the paint off the bumper of Mom's car. Yep, my first little incident. I felt horrible. I apologized repeatedly. Mom didn't seem to care all that much that I had scratched it. She told me it was better I did it on an older car like hers than a newer car anyway. Besides, she scratched the paint off of the body just above the wheel well once (pulling into the garage whilst trying not to run over my dad's toes). Mine was just a bumper... How did I do it, you ask? Backing out of the garage. Yep, freaking back out of the garage, something I do every freaking time I pull out of the driveway. I obviously had my mind on other things, and turned the wheel a second too early. Oh well, nothing too serious.

I want to take on paragraph and complain for just a moment. Please feel free to skip to the next section. My brother is taller than I am...by a lot. Which sucks, considering I'm three and a half years older. I have teeny tiny feet (hey, I guess the good side to that is if I'm ever a real-life Cinderella, Prince Charming won't have any problem finding the owner of that glass slipper. Haha.). Speaking of Prince Charming, he still hasn't found me yet. (Okay, I'm starting to sound like some lovesick puppy or something...don't know why I'm doing that.) I'm having one of those life-decision moments where I have to decide whether I should keep hoping and holding on or just let him go and move on. And as of late, there have been some...developments of sorts...and I can't decide if it's a sign or if I'm just an idiot.

Anyway, back to actual life. I found the most awesomest pictures online...and only Robyn will understand why I love them so much, because she's the only one who has seen this film.



Aka, behind-the-scenes pictures from Swing Time. I've seen pictures of the snow set from that movie, but never the "Pick Yourself Up" scene. My only question is...where's Ginger?

Okay, I really should shut up already. I've been typing for, like, forever. By the way, I'm titling the post after a song I've fallen in love with...Holding On and Letting Go by Ross Copperman. It was on the CSI: NY season finale a few weeks ago, and so I bought it off of iTunes. That, and High School Never Ends by Bowling for Soup, and Tonight Tonight by Hot Chelle Rae, and Supergirl by Saving Jane, and a bunch of others. :)

No comments: