Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Movie Milestone: 200!!!

So, today, I hit my second movie milestone...200 films! For all intents and purposes, I'm going to do my breakdown for the whole 200 films, not just my second set of 100, because it was a lot easier to just use the 'sort' feature on Excel than try to count my last 100. So, here it is...

 - First film watched (of the second set of 100) was My Love Came Back (1940), and the last film watched was Ocean's Eleven (1960).

 - The earliest was Ramona (1910) and the latest was Finian's Rainbow (1968).

 - The longest is still Gone with the Wind at 238 minutes, and the shortest was Ramona at 17 minutes.

 - My most-watched actress is still Olivia de Havilland (24 films), and my most-watched actor is Humphrey Bogart (22 films).

 - The director I saw the most films by is still Michael Curtiz (10 films...see first milestone post for the first six, plus British Agent, Four's a Crowd, Virginia City, and White Christmas).

 - I watched more movies made in 1938 and 1939 than any other year (15 films each).

 - Of the last 100, 16 were Best Picture winners - Wings (1927/28), The Broadway Melody (1928/29), All Quiet on the Western Front (1929/30), Cimarron (1930/31), Grand Hotel (1931/32), Cavalcade (1932/33), The Great Ziegfeld (1936), You Can't Take It With You (1938), Mrs. Miniver (1942), Going My Way (1944), The Lost Weekend (1945), All The King's Men (1949), All About Eve (1950), From Here to Eternity (1953), Gigi (1958), My Fair Lady (1964).

 - Twenty-seven of the AFI's Top 100 Film Quotes appeared in the movies I watched (all 200).

 - I watched 159 black and white films (83 in the second 100), and 41 color films (17 in the second 100).

 - I've watched a total of 43 musicals, 25 of which were in the second 100.

No comments: