Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hanging Around The House...

So, here goes my recap of the past few days...

On Tuesday, I got up and watched a movie called Lucky Partners, which was actually pretty cute. Then, I basically just chilled around the house until Mom came home, at which point, I drove out to the mall. I stopped at Bath & Body Works first, to get a freebie that I found in Seventeen magazine, only to find out that the collection doesn't hit stores until the 12th, when the freebie said it started the 9th. They had these little sample-size ones for a dollar, and even if those had been part of the freebie, I wouldn't have gotten them anyway. So, whatever.

So, I ended up going to Forever 21, and trying on a bunch of things, none of which quite fit or looked right. I think I spent about an hour and a half looking at stuff. Then, I went over to American Eagle, and picked up two v-neck t-shirts because they were 'buy one, get one 50% off'. And then, I stopped at Starbucks for a smoothie and pretty much headed home. We just chilled for the evening...had dinner, watched Wipeout and Take the Money and Run (which was so much better this time because the couple that hid the money actually won) and I let Ella out.

On Wednesday, I got up, watered the plants outside, and then watched Pretty Little Liars, which was pretty awesome. Then, I had lunch, washed the dishes, and grabbed my craft stuff and headed downstairs. I finished up the drawing part of my Shrinky Dink jewelry, but it took a while, especially considering that I had to completely remake a piece because I screwed up on the text element of it. But, in the end, I got it.

Then, Mom came home, and we ended up watching Beauty and the Beast, which I hadn't seen in a very long time. I really didn't remember any of it, so it was kinda like seeing it for the first time. After we finished that, we started on dinner, and my dad and grandmother arrived, and we had dinner, and dessert, and then watched some tv before my dad and brother took her home again. One note of semi-importance...I stubbed my toe during dinner (I must have smacked it on one of the table legs), so now one of my toes is swollen, and sorta black and blue, and I can't bend it very well. Which sucks, but whatever. And then, I let Ella out and had a snack and that was really it for the night.

Today, I got up, watered the plants, logged onto my computer, and then watched a little of the Today show. Then, I grabbed my craft stuff, turned on the oven, and started shrinking my jewelry. After I let both pieces cool, I started putting them on a jump ring (which always takes forever for some reason because I can't seem to get it to close right), and then spent another bit of time going back and forth between two chains to hang it from. I finally decided on one, and this is what the finished product looks like.


Okay, so this is a horrible picture, but I really didn't want to have to go through the process of taking it with Mom's camera, because that would have taken forever. I don't know why it decided to get that pink look in the center of the photo, but whatever. Basically, it's a layered pendant...a doe on the top piece, and I know you can't see it very well in this picture, but "Always" is written on the bottom piece. If you haven't read the last Harry Potter book or seen the movie, then this whole thing will mean nothing to you. :)

Anyway, so I finally finished that, and then I basically waited around for Mom to come home. When she did, we went out to La Carreta for lunch, which was really good. And then, we came home, and now we're just chilling for the afternoon. I assume we're just going to hang around for the evening, eat dinner, watch some tv, I'll let Ella out...all the usual stuff.

Um, nothing much else going on. I still have to go shopping for the rest of my Catered Affairs uniform, but I assume Mom and I will be doing that this weekend. But, not much else.

No comments: