I was going to log on here and tell you all about my day. However, something more important has come to light in the past few hours, and I feel that my recap of the day is best left for another post.
This post is for my amazing friend, Aaron, who, I have just learned, is moving to Utah very, very soon. So, here is my little note to him.
Aaron,
There are a lot of little things that I remember about the times we've spent together - little things that don't seem like much to others, but they mean the world to me. I remember back in seventh grade, when we were in Life Skills class together, baking cookies and playing that graph paper game. I remember the look on your face when the Rubix 360 was unwrapped during the Dirty Santa game, and how determined you were to get it. I remember you finding (and then losing) the radio signal during that New Year's Eve basketball game. I remember how much fun we all had during your birthday party this past May, dancing and running through the yard and celebrating...
I don't really know how to express it all in words. You've been...well, to use your catchphrase, you've been awesome sauce. You've been my classmate, my go-to guy for good music, my secret crush, but most importantly, you've been my friend. And you'll still be, even after you move away.
It really, truly brings a tear to my eye when I think of you leaving, but I wish you nothing but the best as you start your new life in Utah. There's a saying, "Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget." I know that's true of my friendship with you. I will miss you terribly, but I hope we will be able to keep in touch.
I love you. ♥
-Alexis
1 comment:
I love you Alexis. Thank you.
Post a Comment