Okay, recap time!
So, Saturday...Mom and I went to the grocery store in the morning, then we came home, put the groceries away and had lunch. Then, I dropped Mom off at my aunt's pool, and then I came back home and finished putting together my card and gift for Aaron. And then, I took forever trying to paint my nails (I kept messing them up), and then had a snack, and got ready. And before I knew it, I was getting on the road.
I got to Lane's house, and Aaron was just getting there as well, and we grabbed all the stuff from my car and headed to the door. Lane greeted us, and Aaron opened his gift while I started unpackaging all the paper products. All the guests started arriving, and then we meandered out onto the back deck and sat and talked for a while. Then, we moved to the lawn to play lawn darts, and then we all ended up around the firepit until dinner was ready.
We all ran back into the house, grabbed our plates, and started helping ourselves to hamburgers, pasta salad, and chips, and then we all rearranged ourselves back around the firepit to eat. Then, the card games started, one around the firepit, the next on the back deck, and we had cake and brownies for dessert. Then, we played Mafia, which I'd never played before, but was so fun. It's really to complex to explain on here, but definitely awesome.
And then, at 10:00, everyone started to leave, getting their picture taken with Aaron before they said their goodbyes, and the rest of us went inside and signed the roll of paper to give to Aaron, and we talked for a while longer until 11:00, when we all said our goodbyes and headed out. It was a teary goodbye, but the way I look at it, it isn't goodbye at all. It's just, "I'll see you when you come back," because with all these wonders of modern technology (email, cell phones, Facebook, etc.), we won't lose contact with each other.
So, I drove home, and actually got home before my dad, who had been working at Catered Affairs for the day and then picking up one of his former co-workers from the airport. Apparently, it had stormed really bad over at Wake Forest...he said that all the bouncy houses got blown into the side of the stadium, and paramedics had to be called because a player was hurt when the wind slammed an open glass door back into its frame and all the glass exploded out of it. It must have been a really localized storm, because Mom said they didn't get anything here at the house, and there wasn't a drop of rain at Lane's house. And then, I had a snack, and pretty much went to bed.
Today has been good. Slept in, then drove Mom over to her co-worker's house to drop off dinner for them, since she's recovering from back surgery. And we stayed and talked a little bit, and then headed home. We had lunch, and watched the end of The Devil Wears Prada, and I had no idea Simon Baker, the guy from The Mentalist, was in it. We were both like, "What?" Haha. And then, Mom hemmed my dress pants for work tomorrow, and I uploaded the goodbye party pictures to Facebook, and now, I'm just waiting around.
Nothing much going on tonight, other than cleaning Ella's cage, since I failed to do that yesterday. And taking off the polish on my fingernails, because it's aqua, and it says in the employee handbook that bright nail polish is not allowed...so grr. And having dinner, and that's really it.
Tomorrow, I will be starting my job at Catered Affairs. I'm a little nervous, but I guess that's to be expected. Basically, I'm driving in alone (Dad has a different shift, and is actually working in Bridger Field House, not the Tower), parking, then walking to Deacon Tower, taking the elevator to the fourth floor, and finding my Aunt Carol, and she'll show me how to sign in and get me started. I still don't know what time I'll be working until...Rebecca never got back to me on that, but I guess I'll just work until I'm not needed anymore. Dad thinks it'll probably be four to five hours. I have a feeling I'm going to have a very "deer in the headlights"-esque look on my face the whole day...hopefully, I'll learn everything pretty fast.
Then, I get a day off on Tuesday, then more work on Wednesday and Thursday, and then leaving for Louisville on Friday...busy, busy, busy.
No comments:
Post a Comment