Thursday, March 8, 2012

Emotional Rollercoaster...

I'd like to start by apologizing for the lack of posts recently. I suppose "emotional rollercoaster" is as close a description of my emotions right now as I'm going to get. It's funny...I can be happy and carefree one minute, and then totally depressed the next. It's also why I haven't been posting all that much - I'm trying not to get on here when I'm in a bad mood. Because the depressing tone really doesn't suit me. :)

It's just tough, though. This whole separation thing is tough on everyone...well, except my dad. He seems to be enjoying himself, which really disgusts me, but whatever. They finally were able to sit down last night and work out most of the separation agreement, although they had second thoughts about some things this morning, but, essentially, my dad's moving out this weekend. Which has taken, like, forever to happen...first it was at the end of January, then he decided to move it up a week because he didn't want it to coincide with my birthday, then it never came about. So, we're finally out of limbo, and actually doing something, which is good.

I guess we'll start all the visitation crap soon. My dad gets us one evening a week (to take us out to dinner, go to my grandmother's - where he's living - or whatever) and from Saturday at noon to Sunday at 5:00pm every other weekend. So, that probably means we're going to be spending most of that at my grandmother's, which is fine, of course, but her house is so warm and stuffy, I'm not sure I'm going to be able to handle it. We'll see how it goes.

So, it's all just making life a little harder. But, I'm getting through it. I'm trying to spend time with each of them separately - my dad even took Quinn and I out to dinner a couple of days ago, which was a bit unexpected. Mom and I have been watching a lot of movies - Hugo was our most recent Netflix one, which we ended up loving. And okay, now my evil, depressing rant is over.

Um, my SAT scores came in, well, a while ago actually. I ended up scoring an 1830, which I felt okay about until someone *cough*Sylvia*cough* told me she scored a 2070. And that Ben Zhang scored a 2390. Smart Asians. So, I'm trying to figure out whether I want to spend the money to take it again in May or just go with my current scores, which would get me into NC State, and WSSU, and I'm sure Forsyth Tech would take me. Because unlike all of you overachievers, I'm not aiming for UNC or Stanford or anything super-smart. So, I have to decide whether it's a good idea to take it again or not.

Other news - I did not make the final round of voting for that writing contest. But, I did make it to the top twenty, which was a pretty great accomplishment, considering there were over 100 entries. Now, I'm hoping to win one of the seven pairs of tickets that Figment is raffling off to the non-winning contest entrants. Fingers crossed. If you want to read my entry...well, here's the link. http://figment.com/books/236941-Escape

Downton Abbey. Oh my gosh, we finished Season 2 a couple of weeks ago, and it was ah-mazing. I cannot wait for the next season. Like, seriously. Right now, I'm keeping myself out of withdrawal by watching episodes online, downloading the first episode of the first season for free on iTunes, watching cast interviews & behind the scenes stuff, and yep, can't you tell I'm obsessed? And I have to wait until January for Season 3 to air here in the US. Ugh.

Mom, Quinn, and I are currently reading (well, Mom and I are technically rereading) The Hunger Games to prepare for the movie, which comes out in a couple of weeks. Yes! So excited! The book is still as good as I remember it, and I can't wait to see if the movie lives up to my expectations. I sure hope it does.

And I think that's about it. For now, at least. I'm sure they'll be plenty more to talk about later on...

No comments: