Monday, March 26, 2012

My Life Kinda Feels Like A Soap Opera Right Now...

Right so, I'm back again. Just thought I'd get something written while I can. I'll try not to make it too depressing and whatever.

So, I checked a couple of days ago, and I didn't win any of the seven raffle spots for tickets in that writing contest. But, that's alright. As I've said before, I'm pretty proud that I ended up in the top twenty. Quite an accomplishment for me.

My dad came over a couple of days ago (Thursday, I think) and took Quinn and I out to the park and talked with us for a while. Which was...well, depressing. Divorce is not a pretty thing, I'm not gonna lie. But, we talked, and basically, we're going to try and sell the house, and my mom, brother, and I will move into an apartment, probably in the late summer or early fall, which I've known about for a while. We've been looking around at apartments for a month or so now, and I think we've settled on The Arbors, off Country Club Road, which is a good mix of affordability and location.

And we talked about having to figure out what to do with Quinn's snake, since he won't be able to take that with him when we move, and he really hasn't been taking care of it at all since my dad moved out. So, he's going to keep it at my grandmother's until either he or Quinn gets bored with it, whichever comes first.

My dad also informed us (well, I've technically known for a while now...my mom has difficulty keeping things to herself) that he's developed a close friendship with our boss at Catered Affairs, Rebecca. He says that it's just a friendship, but my mom thinks otherwise, and she apparently feels uncomfortable with me working with her, so she and my dad came to the decision that I can't work at Catered Affairs anymore. So, essentially, I have no say in the matter, and it's all over and done with, and until I'm eighteen and can make the decision for myself or my mom changes her mind (again, whichever comes first), I can't work there. Which kinda sucks, because I earned quite a lot from working the football games in the fall.

So, technically, Wednesday was my last day at work. I got called in to work a lunch, which basically involved icing down the drinks, bussing tables, and then hanging around with David and Preston in the kitchen while the speaker was presenting, and then breaking down the buffet, eating, cleaning the kitchen, waiting some more, prepping for a small meeting in the bar area, and then cleaning up. I ended up getting in five and a half hours of work, which will make a decent final paycheck.

Okay, now I'm done with the dark and depressing for the time being. So, Pretty Little Liars. Oh my gosh, the season finale...wow. Totally knew Mona was 'A'...they were featuring her way too much for it to have been any kind of shock, and besides, it was Mona in the books. But, it was still neat to see it play out. Also, Aria and Ezra are kinda my favorite couple right now...I literally started bouncing up at down in my seat during this scene, which, by the way, includes one of my favorite songs.



So yeah. Um, other than that, nothing much has been going on. Just chilling out, watching some movies, and oh! Seeing The Hunger Games tomorrow! Yes! I'm so excited! Be prepared for a major recap/analysis post within the next few days...lol. Okay, I think that's about it for now. I'll be back soon.

No comments: