Thursday, August 30, 2012

Something To Post About...

Yes, I know it's been two weeks. Turns out, I'm still as lazy as ever when it comes to posting...no surprise there.

Haven't been doing much, just starting to get ready for the school year and enjoying the last few weeks before we're back onto a regular schedule. This summer has passed by way too quickly, and I kinda hate that. I wish it was summer all the time, but then what would we get done with our lives, really? Not much, in my case.

Anyway, the real reason I actually decided to post was because Tuesday and Wednesday I went into the optometrist's office (eye doctor). It took two days of trying, but I now have contacts! Yay! Haha, anyway, the first day I could get them in, but not out (it ended up being because my nails were too long to allow my fingers to get a grip on the contact as I was trying to get it out), and then I spent the second day successfully taking them in and out and thereby proving to the woman who was helping me that I could do it so that I could officially take them home.

So, I got them yesterday, and am on a recommending-wearing-time schedule for the week. Four hours yesterday, six hours today, eight tomorrow, ten, twelve, and then by Monday, I'll be able to wear them all day and not bother with my glasses at all. I have to go back next Wednesday for a follow-up appointment, where they'll give me an eye exam to make sure I have the right prescription and that the lenses fit correctly and all that. So, here's what I look like with them in, since I know most of you haven't seen me without glasses since the beginning of sixth grade.


Also, please excuse the giant-head-syndrome. My mom calls it 'bobblehead syndrome', aka, having a giant head and a small body. Normally, we reserve the name-calling for actresses or people on the local news, but today, I think it applies to me. I need to work on finding a way to style my hair so that it hides my giant head. Lol.

Anyway, I think that's about it in terms of anything terribly important. I promise to post more soon, really, I do. I need to get back on a consistent posting schedule, because, really, I love blogging. :)

3 comments:

Sylvia said...

Awww, you look so good! Hey, we should make a pact to both blog at least once a week.. because we're both kinda bad about that ;P

Alexis said...

Thanks! :) Yes, I think we seriously should. Once a week...I'm game. :)

Sylvia said...

Whoo! I got this week down already ;P