Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Life Keeps Getting In The Way...

Seriously, guys, I have good intentions when I promise to not make you wait a week for a new post. And then, things come up, and I get busy, and then crash afterward, and I just have no energy to type something up. Terrible, I know, but that's what's been happening.

So, basically, I spent two and a half hours sitting with my mom's co-worker's grandmother on Thursday, because supposedly, she falls when she's alone. The whole thing was so easy...I basically sat around and watched tv.

On Friday, I dropped my mom and brother off at the fair, and then went home, had lunch, went to Kohl's, tried on a bunch of stuff and didn't find anything, then went to the mall. I went into Forever 21 first, planning on going to H&M, and maybe Delia's afterward, but I got a text from Mom asking if I could get them now, instead of at 4:00 like they had initially said, so I basically tried on the two items that I had picked up from the front of the store in my five minutes worth of shopping, neither of which fit, and then left.

We went out to dinner and then to Kohl's on Saturday, and on Sunday, Mom and I went to a Chick-Fil-A team meeting in the afternoon. We ended up picking up my uniform and scheduling some of my training afterwards. So, we came home, and Mom hemmed and fixed my pants, which were a bit too big, and helped cut my belt down to size, and I went out to get hair scrunchie/band/things because all of mine are neon. And then, we fixed cheese fondue for dinner, watched some of our recorded tv, and then watched Downton Abbey.

On Monday, I got up, took Mom to work, came home, got another hour or so of sleep, and then got up and got ready for my first day at work. I drove over, clocked in, met Jasmine, and she showed me around a bit, and then set me up with the company iPad to watch some training videos, but she couldn't get it to work, so we went over the menu, and I watched a couple of little non-training videos instead. So, my first hour was basically a waste.

Then, I met Lisa, the lunch hostess, and she trained me in the dining room. She showed me where all the cleaning supplies were, and how to open the paper towel dispenser in the bathroom, and where the boxes of ketchup and mustard packets and that kind of stuff were. And then, we basically worked the dining room the rest of the afternoon, taking people's trays, and refilling people's drinks, and cleaning tables. I wiped down a ton of used trays (I felt like I spent most of my time doing that), and changed/took out the trash, and then finally, at 1:30, my shift ended, and I clocked out.

I bought a milkshake on the way out (only $2.25 with my employee discount), and then went to pick up Mom from work. We came home, and made dinner before we crashed, and then basically laid around for a while, watched the news, ate dinner, watched Nightly News, and then Mom and I watched The Illusionist, our latest Netflix movie, which we've seen before, but wanted to watch again. I hadn't seen it in so long that it was like watching a brand new movie. And then, I let Ella out, and we basically went to bed.

Today, my job has been to clean the house, so I've been dusting and cleaning the bathrooms and stuff. Tomorrow, I have another training shift at Chick-Fil-A, and I think Jasmine wants to teach me the register/front counter stuff, so I might be ringing up some orders, which should be interesting. And then, on Thursday, I'm sitting with my mom's co-worker's grandmother again for the morning, and I think that's it for the rest of the week.

No comments: