Hey! So, look who's posting before her deadline! Haha, I feel so productive. Anyway, I figured y'all were getting a bit bored with the recaps, so here's a little something different.
I was literally going to title this post 'What I Listen To On Repeat', but that sounded a little...well, stupid, to be honest. Maybe I'll do more of these, maybe not. My favorite songs change practically every day (they're also very dependent on my mood, but that's another story). So, if you see me jamming out in the car any time soon, I'm most likely listening to/ singing along with one of these songs. Also, on a side note, my cassette adapter is my new best friend...I love it.
Lately, I've been listening to a lot of what iTunes would probably generically categorize as "alternative", though I don't know how well that fits. I'm not much into pop songs right now, though, as I've said before, my music preferences change about every two days.
Paradise - Coldplay. I think what really caught my attention at first was the dreamy sound of it, but after I'd listened to it a few times, I really started to connect with the lyrics. Dreaming of paradise in a not-so-nice world. That speaks to me.
Some Nights - Fun. I don't really know what it is about it that I like, I think it's just the overall sound. Every time it comes on the radio, all I want to do is turn the volume up really loud and scream/sing along. Also, this may or may not be the first time I've actually seen the music video...
Ships in the Night - Mat Kearney. I think I originally heard this song online somewhere, and now, I'm completely obsessed with it. It's really catchy, and I don't know...maybe it's the lyrics or the sound or a combination thereof, but I love it.
Where We Belong - Thriving Ivory. Again, I think it's just the combination of the lyrics and the sound and just everything about it. Not a big fan of the music video, but this was the one with the best sound quality, so I put it up here anyway.
So, now you know what I'm listening to. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment