So, it's been a fairly normal week...nothing much going on. Today was really the first day I've gotten to do anything interesting.
I got up this morning, got ready, ate breakfast, and then took the car (Mom was home from work today) out to run some errands. My first stop was the bank, where I deposited a check from my grandmother and made a deposit for my mom. Then, I headed down Silas Creek to the mall.
My first stop at the mall was American Eagle, so after walking from Belk almost to Macy's, I shopped for forever and made a ton of trips to the fitting room, and had to think long and hard about which items I wanted to buy. And, o f course, I bought a ton. Blue-striped longsleeve, grey off-the-shoulder top, pink short sleeve, blue flowered top, white spaghetti-strap top, and I think that's it, but I can't really remember. So, I ended up using my gift card that I had got for Christmas, and putting the rest on the AE credit card. But, I got 20% off my entire purchase, so the price was at least a little lower.
And then, I went into Forever 21, and I only really looked for a couple of minutes. I can never find anything in there. I saw this really cute white cardigan that had red hearts all over it, and I wanted to buy it, but I didn't know what I'd wear it with, so I passed. And then, I went over to Aeropostale, since I had a 20% coupon from Seventeen magazine. So, I picked up a pair of tees, one white, one lime green, since they were 2 for $18, normally $17.50 apiece, and I got the 20% discount, so that was cool.
And then, I headed back to the car, took Silas Creek (even with it being one-lane from Stratford to Country Club...roadwork), and stopped at the grocery store for lettuce and sugar, and then went off to Petsmart for aspen bedding for Ella. And I came home, and Mom and I did a mini-cleaning of the house, and then we chilled for a while before my grandmother came over for dinner.
So, we had dinner, and then we watched Wheel of Fortune, which was cool since they're doing "Teen Best Friends" week, and then we watched Jeopardy. The past few days have been their IBM Challenge, where they pitted Ken Jennings (longest winning streak ever) and Brad Rutter (most money won on the show) against Watson, an IBM computer designed to play Jeopardy. And it was really awesome. That computer is so fast...to pull the answer out of its data so fast, ring in, and answer...wow. So, that was pretty amazing to watch.
Um, what else... I haven't watched many movies this week, just two - Daddy Long Legs and Random Harvest, both of which were pretty neat. Tomorrow, I'm planning on watching another movie, possibly Anchors Aweigh, with Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. I have to make room on the DVR one way or another, because I have a bunch of Oscar-winners taping this weekend, some of which have already taped...Gigi, The Last Emperor, The Best Years of Our Lives, My Fair Lady, Cimarron, The Life of Emile Zola, and I can't even remember them all. I guess with it being Oscar month, some of the previous winners are being added into the lineups, which is cool.
Okay, well, I think I'm done. Nothing much going on tomorrow, but on Friday, I'm going to be busy...that evening, I'll be leaving with Sylvia, Anita, Mr. Wheeler, and a friend of Emma's brother, and we'll all be heading to Oriental to see Emma for the weekend, which is going to be amazing! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment