Sunday, February 27, 2011

And Every Time That We Meet, I Skip A Heartbeat...

Okay, so let me see...I have a lot of stuff to talk about.

So, on Friday, I woke up, got ready, messed around on the computer, had lunch, etc. Then, when Mom came home from work, I took the car and went to the bank to cash a check, and then I headed off to the mall...which was quite fun. My first stop was Forever 21, and I ended up buying a black and white polka dot skirt, which I think is adorable.

And then, I went into Hollister, looking for a cardigan, which I didn't find, but ended up buying a green, red, and white flowered top, which I probably didn't need, but I thought it was cute, and Sylvia has corrupted me when it comes to clothes shopping, so yeah. And then, I went to American Eagle to return that pink tee I bought, because it never really fit right, even after we washed it. I decided not to look around there, knowing that I would probably find something to buy.

So, I finished up there, and then went next door to Rack Room Shoes, just to poke around. And I'm still in kid's sizes, which sucks, because all the really cute shoes are the women's shoes/sizes...but anyway, then I headed back toward Belk, and ended up stopping at the Claire's across from the food court, and bought a hairband, a hairclip, and a hat. And then, I left the mall, and went over to an appointment, and then came home and chilled for the evening.

On Saturday, Mom brought peanut doughnuts home, so we had those for breakfast/lunch, and then we went to Target. I ended up getting a hair straightener, because I really liked the look after Sylvia and Emma straightened my hair in Oriental. So, we got a bunch of stuff, and came home, and then the two of us went for a walk at the parcourse. We came home, and chilled for a while, and then we picked up salad and pizza, and came home and had dinner while we watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I'd never seen before. And it actually was rather funny...stupid, but funny. And that's all I'm going to elaborate on that one. And then, I cleaned Ella's cage and that was pretty much it.

Today, (Sunday), I got up, and Mom and I went to the grocery store, and came home and really just relaxed for a while. Mom went for a walk, and I got dressed and straightened my hair (well, sorta), and then Dad and I went to my aunt and uncle's to celebrate my grandmother's birthday. Quinn was fast asleep, after staying up all night, and catching a cold, so we left him where he was. So, anyway, we went over there, and we all made choatzes (pronounced jowzas, I think), which is something we always do, and then chilled and snacked while we boiled them, and Dad went and picked up Quinn, who was now awake.

And then, we ate, and talked a bit, and watched a little of the NASCAR race, and then sang "Happy Birthday" and had cake and ice cream, and opened cards and gifts, and then we headed out. We got home, and I let Ella out, and then came upstairs, and Mom and I watched the Oscars. It was a good show, I guess, but I never really understood the "history" parts...they would mention something like, "The very first Academy Awards ceremony was held right across the street at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel," and the decorations would change to match the setting, and then they wouldn't go any further with it, so it was a bit disappointing on that end.

But, it was good overall, so that's what counts. And now, I'm just chilling here in my room, almost ready to go to bed. So, here's what I was wearing today...


The picture sucks because I took it with my phone. I had to edit the darkness out with Picnik. Anyway, I was sorta inspired by an outfit that one of the characters on Pretty Little Liars wore last week. And that's my new hat, by the way. It's funny, because I felt very "Aria-ish" (the character on PLL), but I also felt very "Old Hollywood/30's Gangster Flick", what with the fedora and all. So, it was very cool.

Random thing, but "Heartbeat" by Scouting For Girls is quite possibly my new favorite song...why? Because of this...



Because you know how much I love Fred & Ginger...haha. Speaking of that, Robyn and I are planning on going to Greensboro on March 8th, to see Swing Time, an Astaire/Rogers movie, on the big screen at the Carolina Theatre, which I am very much looking forward to.

Other than that, Dad and I have our last Wake home game this Thursday, March 3rd, which gives me mixed feelings. In one respect, I'm glad the season's coming to an end, with how bad Wake is doing. But, on the other hand, I love spending time with my dad, so it's a toss-up.

Anyway, it's late, and I really should have been in bed half an hour ago, so I'm going to stop here.

No comments: