Let's see...pretty cool week. Wednesday was normal. Yesterday though...
So, Mom came home, and we went out to the Little Theatre to see if they had anything for rent for Quinn's Halloween costume. We ended up finding him a green two-piece suit and a skinny black tie, and that was all he needed. He's going as Agent 6 from the animated tv show Generator Rex, by the way. And then, we came home, and Mom left to go to yoga, and I fixed dinner.
Dad came home, and we ate, and then we got ready to go. We headed out at just before 7:00, and got to the Fillmore at about 8:30. We met my uncle out front, got our tickets and bracelets, and then my uncle showed us the inside of the tour bus, which is tiny if you consider that they sometimes fit ten people in. But still very cool. And then, we went in through the back, and met up with my aunt in the backstage band sitting/waiting room. My uncle led us out to the main area, where one of the bands was performing, and Dad bought me a t-shirt from the merchandise table.
My cousin, Blake, came out and said hi, and we talked for a bit, and then, we watched a little of the next band who was performing. And then, we went backstage and chilled out for a little bit, until the last band finished. Then, we headed back out onto the main floor and watched the set-up for Between the Buried and Me. And soon, the lights dimmed and the performance started. We started off watching from right beside the stage, and then made our way toward the back to get the feel of the whole thing, and then went backstage, and actually got to stand right on stage, just off to the side of the band.
And then, Dad and I went back to the side of the stage, and then back to the back again, and then ended up going back up and watching the rest of the show from the on-stage perspective. Which was very cool, by the way. I couldn't see much of the guitarists and singer, because of the screens they had up so the audience couldn't see the speakers and gear boxes and stuff, but we had an awesome view of Blake pounding away on those drums, like ten feet away from us.
I ended up going the whole night without earplugs, and oh my gosh, it was really cool how you could feel it in your whole body, it was that loud. The whole sound was really different, depending on where you stood. Like, standing in the back, you could hear more of the lyrics and guitar, but standing right on the stage, you mostly heard the drums. And the audience...oh my gosh. They knew every word, and were singing, and pumping their fists, and head-banging, and everything. I swear I saw about a dozen crowd-surfers throughout the performance, and I wasn't even watching the whole time, so there were probably more.
So, they finished their set, and then came out for an encore song, and then we talked with Blake for a few minutes before saying goodbye to everything and walking out with my aunt and uncle. I think it was midnight when we finally started on our way home. We got home at about 1:30 in the morning, and I ended up staying up until 3:00 before finally going to bed. My first concert experience, and it was so awesome.
Today, I woke up late, and did my homework and just chilled. Mom came home, and I took the car so I could go to the bank to deposit my paycheck, and then, we watched The Big Bang Theory (which was hilarious) and just relaxed at home for a little bit before Mom left for work. I made dinner, and Dad came home, and we all ate and then watched the news and Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. And then, I let Ella out and just chilled for the rest of the evening.
Nothing going on tomorrow. Shopping with Sylvia on Sunday, then chilling out on Halloween, dentist on Tuesday, going to SC on Wednesday, Family Day on Thursday, Matt's graduation on Friday, working the football game on Saturday...busy, busy, busy!
No comments:
Post a Comment