Monday, October 3, 2011

It's October Already...

Okay, so I really should have been on here sooner, but I kept getting lazy, and then didn't have the time, and then back to lazy, and then back to busy, etc. No long post this time, because I really can't remember much of what I did last week...

This weekend was pretty nice. Chilly, but nice. Did a bit of shopping, because Mom called Kingswood (my old preschool) and asked what day they were doing photo sculptures, and it turns out it's this Tuesday. So, instead of Quinn getting to choose the color and outfit and everything, we had to scramble. Which means I get to wear my pretty orange dress & denim jacket, and we had to find a matching shirt and a pair of jeans for Quinn. And I got a pair of brown boots to complete the look, which are really cute, except they pinch in certain places around my ankles, and I'm hoping that with some breaking in, they'll loosen up.

And other than that, we haven't been doing much. I've been researching NYC stuff non-stop, because if you can't tell already, I'm really super excited about it. But, I have to get through Halloween, and my cousin's graduation from the Marines in November, and Thanksgiving, and Christmas, and five more Wake football games, and all kinds of other stuff. My Broadway show list is getting narrowed down, and I was able to convince Mom to let me see two shows during our two-day excursion, if I put up my own money for the second pair of tickets. Which makes my decision a little easier than having to pick just one.

Today, I decided to print out maps and start marking places where I'd like to go. They sort of look like little clusters...Tiffany's & FAO Schwarz (I just realized today that it was 'Schwarz' not 'Schwartz') are within a block of each other, the same goes for Macy's (Herald Square) and the Empire State Building. Times Square and Rockefeller Plaza aren't too terribly far away from each other, etc. And Mom said we could try to go to Serendipity 3 for Frozen Hot Chocolate sometime during the whole thing...which would be really cool.

Um, that's really it. Mom and Quinn went to the fair today. I opted out (see above paragraph for what I did while they were gone). They left at 12:15, and weren't back until 9:45, mainly because they met my aunt at the Grandstand to see Colt Ford (don't know if I spelled that right), a...get this...country rapper.  No kidding. Apparently, they didn't start the show, which was supposed to be at 7:30 until close to 9:00 because of the rain (speaking of the rain, I had no idea it was supposed to rain...WXII, why was there not a single word about this all day?). But, anyway, Quinn came home with prizes and a candy apple, and Mom brought me home some funnel cake...yum.

So, while they were at the fair, I did all that researching (well, after I did my homework, of course), and then Dad came home, and we went out to Walmart and Lenscrafters to look at new frames for his glasses, and then, we came home, and I watched The Sing Off. I think Vocal Point might be my favorite now...and not just because I have an awesome Mormon, BYU-loving friend of my own, but because I actually liked their version of "Never Say Never" and I hate Justin Bieber! And then, they sang Sinatra, and I was, like, "Oh my gosh, I'm gonna swoon," because I frickin' love that song, and oh if a boy ever sang that to me, I'd be so happy.

Anyway, and that was pretty much it for the night. Busy week...getting the pictures taken for our photo sculptures on Tuesday, I get my hair trimmed on Wednesday, and then I have two days of rest before the Wake football game on Saturday, which starts at 12:30pm. Which means I have to get up around 6:00am, because Rebecca wants us in at 8:30am because we have an extra set of media people to feed. But, that's more hours, and therefore, more money, because we'll be coming in four hours before the game even starts. So, add in game time, plus clean-up, and I think it'll be another 8 or 9 hour day.

No comments: