Monday, October 17, 2011

I Must Be Going Insane...

Oh my gosh...I am so tired. And I have no idea why. Still not posting as much as I want to, but whatever.

Um, I really don't feel like doing much of a recap. Basically, I've been doing my schoolwork and just chilling out. Mom and I watched Source Code, which was really good.

Saturday was good. We were down one person, since Tyler had to be at his sister's wedding. So, Dad, Sharon, and I did everything, and it worked out fine. It was a fairly easy menu, and it all went pretty smoothly. And because Wake lost, we got more time in, because Mr. Wellman likes to sit in his suite for a little while after a loss, so we got to sit in the President's suite and looked at the field and watched people pushing carts from Bridger Field House up the ramp to the tower, and then, we finally got to clean out the suites. And we took a ton of food home...shrimp, fried chicken, pasta, brownies, and like, half a huge bag of popcorn.

So, today was pretty amazing. I got up, got ready, did my homework, and then chilled for a little while in my room. Mom came home, and brought the mail up as usual. And there was a ton of it, so I started perusing through it. And oh my gosh, it was an awesome mail day. I normally don't get any mail, but today I got a Delia's catalog, an American Girl catalog, a flier from American Eagle, and a letter from Aaron! So, I am now awesomely happy...

Anyway, then Mom left for her shift at Sears, and Quinn did his homework, and I chilled out. And then, I made dinner, and Quinn and I ate, and my dad went for a run, and then, we all watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy, and then, I went downstairs to let Ella out and watch The Sing Off, which was just okay. Some of the songs were really great, specifically Afro-Blue's "I Wanna Dance With Somebody", Pentatonix's "Video Killed The Radio Star", Vocal Point's "Footloose", and Yellowjacket's "Wannabe".

And while I'm watching The Sing Off, my cousin's friend, Brandon, whom I've met only once when we were in Buffalo for my uncle's funeral, starts messaging me. Okay, so really, he friended me, and I accepted his request, and then, he and I started this sarcastic comment war on one of my posts. So, anyway, he starts messaging me to let me know that he's coming down with my cousin and grandparents and aunt and other cousin to see my cousin graduate from the Marines in two weeks.

So, it started with that (at about 8:15), and kept going, and at this moment (12:15am), we're still talking. Which, now that I think about it, is kinda weird. We've got a list of things we're doing when they come down, which includes going to the park, playing mini-golf, eating at Sonic (apparently, they see commercials for it all the time, but don't have one in their area), and I think that's it, but still.

And then, we started into how I should get contacts, because apparently, he likes the one profile picture where I don't have my glasses on (aka, the one of me modeling Sylvia's clothes with sunglasses perched on my head...he admits to browsing my profile page and pictures), and then we started into him missing the high school atmosphere (he's in college, by the way...he's 18), and then it was onto him asking why I don't get out more, and then giving me advice on what guys like abut girls, and then how I love using smiley faces during a chat conversation.

And then, it was onto Duke and Wake Forest sports, and then we finally said goodnight at 12:45. So, I'm trying to figure all of this out...like, what the heck am I doing chatting online with a guy I barely know late into the night? Oh my gosh, I must be going insane. Somebody help me...lol.

Um, nothing much on the agenda right now. Not much until next week...going to see The Fifth Quarter with Dad on the Wake video board at the football stadium on Sunday, and then the BTBAM concert on Thursday, I think. And then, it'll only be less than a week until the NY group comes down. So, I'll be busy, but hopefully not too busy to post. October's halfway over already, and I haven't even posted all that much. [Posting this as Monday, even though I'm writing it into Tuesday.]

No comments: