Friday, October 21, 2011

This Horoscope Is Really Freaking Me Out...

So, I'm back again...with this really weird tidbit that came up a couple of days ago. My Seventeen magazine horoscope for November...

Here's what it says: You and an adorable guy from class have been chatting online, and his cute IMs always make you smile! Why is it that you two never seem to hang out face-to-face? On the 3rd, the stars will be perfectly aligned for a real-live date--though you may have to do the asking. He'll say yes!

Okay, so weird, right? Although it doesn't really fit exactly...like the whole 'guy from class' thing. But, whatever. I found it kinda interesting.

So, the past few days have been a bit boring. Just doing schoolwork and then waiting for Mom to get home. Yesterday, though, she got home early, so we mailed something at the post office and then went out to Casanova's for coffee beans (pumpkin spice blend, this time). We ended up going through Enchanted Cottage and getting a few things, and then we went over to the coffee shop, bought the beans, and ordered ourselves Pumpkin Au Laits, and had devil's food cake pops and chocolate chip pumpkin bread with it, and sat and talked for a while.

And then, we went over to Cato's, so my mom could look around, and she ended up buying a shirt, and I ended up buying a dress. Okay, so I have a ton of dresses already, but I really needed something holiday-ish, and it actually fit pretty well. It's a red sweater dress with a cowl-neck collar, and I'd been wanting a knit/sweater dress for a while, so yeah. We paid, and then headed home, collected my brother, and went out to Gamestop so he could see about a game, which they didn't have in stock, but we did pre-order some 3DS game for him and Lego Harry Potter: Years 5-7 for both of us. And then, we came home, and made dinner, and then watched tv, and that was basically it.

Today was interesting. My dad was home from work after having a colonoscopy this morning, and so, we basically chilled around the house for the day. Quinn has been glued to the computer since about 1:00 this afternoon, because he bought a Bliz-con (kinda like ComicCon, but for online gaming) virtual ticket, so he's been watching all the events online.

Mom came home, and the two of us ended up watching our Netflix dvd, Perfume, which was pretty good. The ending was really weird, but still...it sorta had the same feel as The Red Violin, but dealt with a man born with a very acute sense of smell, who wanted to replicate the smell/essence of woman, but ends up having to resort to some very...how shall I put it?...disturbing/evil ways of creating such a perfume. Very...ummm...weird, but still pretty neat.

And then, Mom left for her shift at Sears, and so the three of us had dinner and watched some tv, and then Dad went to the grocery store because he wanted something sweet. And he came home with ice cream, bananas, strawberries, chocolate sauce, caramel sauce, and whipped cream. So, we made ice cream sundaes, which were yummy. And then, I let Ella out until Mom came home, and then we watched CSI: NY together before saying goodnight.

Um, in other news, well, there's not really much other news. I might go to the mall tomorrow afternoon, because Mom has a Sears shift at noon, so I might drop her off and go shopping, because I currently have a pair of brown boots that go with absolutely nothing in my wardrobe, with the exception of my rust-orange dress. And then, obviously, pick her up after her shift is over at closing time.

And then, of course, Dad and I will be going to the Wake football stadium on Sunday to see The Fifth Quarter. I will definitely be bundling up, as it is only forecasted to be a high of 68 degrees, and the event starts at 5:30 in the evening and lasts until about 8:30. So, I'm sure I'll be freezing. And then, we have the BTBAM (Between the Buried and Me) concert on Thursday night, which should be fun. Actually, it'll be my first real live concert experience, so yeah.

And we're currently trying to work out the basics for our New York/NYC trip in December. Quinn decided to come (not what I was wanting, because all he wants to do is go to the Nintendo Store, and I'm sure he'll complain the whole rest of the trip, but oh well), so Mom's thinking we'll rent a car and drive, probably halfway, then get a hotel, then the other half the next day, get into my aunt's that afternoon, spend the night, take the train into the city Thursday morning, spend the night in the city, and then come back on Friday for New Year's celebrations on Saturday.

So, that means I have to look at three-ticket blocks of seats, instead of two-ticket blocks for my shows. We've decided that Mary Poppins is a definite, considering that Quinn has sorta been pushing for it (well, not really, but that's really the only show he's looked at). Plus, I found a code online that will give us normally $144 seats for $104, so we'll be saving a bit of money there.

My other show has yet to be decided...well, I've pretty much decided, but I have to convince Mom. Because the more I look at it, the more I really want to see Seminar, instead of seeing Anything Goes. I started thinking, and with us seeing Mary Poppins, we're seeing a musical, with a large cast, in a very large theatre, and as much as Anything Goes is a completely different story from Mary Poppins, I'm kinda curious to see the other extreme - a play, with a small cast, in a small theatre. Of course, Mom's been dropping hints that perhaps we shouldn't see Seminar, mainly because she's concerned about Quinn being bored because, of course, it's a play, and she's worried that there won't be enough stuff going on to keep him engaged and otherwise interested for ninety minutes.

And while she's saying all this, I'm internally going, "But it's my New York City trip, too! And that's the show I really want to see!" Mom's probably going to freak, though, when she finds out the whole storyline. I was watching the live chat on Facebook that Jerry O'Connell was doing with some of the fans tonight, and it sounds like a pretty edgy play...the main writing seminar storyline, but with alcohol and some hook-ups and that sort of thing along the way. Of course, I'm cool with it...like, I'm pretty mature about all that. But, I highly doubt Mom will be okay with Quinn seeing it. And that's why I'm kinda mad that he's going...because I would have been able to see the shows I wanted to see (Seminar and Anything Goes), and I wouldn't have this whole dilemma...and yes, I know that's mean to say I wish he wasn't going.

So, I'll probably approach her about it tomorrow after her shift at Sears, and we'll see how it goes. Maybe because I've done my research, and (hopefully), if I present it well, she'll see my point. And I know my aunt and some of my cousins are going into the city, probably on Friday, so maybe we could meet up with her and leave Quinn with her for two hours while we go see the show.

No comments: