Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Busy Weekend: Recap

Okay, so, right now it's about ten til midnight, and I'm in my room, not tired at all, and therefore bored out of my mind. So, here I am, writing on my blog because I have nothing better to do.

The past few days have been fun...our weekend was pretty normal, except for Saturday, which was weird because of the rain. But anyway, our weekend included a trip to Enchanted Cottage and Casanova's (the coffee shop next door) with my mom, watching Zombieland with Mom, which was hilarious...yes, it was sort of stupid, but it was funny, too. Kinda like Shaun of the Dead, except not. And Mom and I ran errands.

My big thing this weekend was printing all the stuff from Ancestry.com because our subscription renewed on the 19th, and Mom didn't really want to pay for another month. So, after a bunch of problems in trying to print the tree and all the info and documents and such, I got everything working (and worked around some problems) and got everything printed and put into page protectors and into a nice little three-ring notebook...very organized. I ended up finding some really cool things, like draft registration cards for some of my ancestors, ship records, and census records.

Um...what else? Well, today I got up and as usual, watched a couple of movies, Alibi Ike and Dark Passage. Both were really good, but very different. Alibi Ike was more of a light, funny film, while Dark Passage was kinda film noir. And I just realized that I've seen three of the four films husband and wife Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall made together (To Have and Have Not, The Big Sleep, Dark Passage...the only one I have yet to see is Key Largo, which comes on within the next week or so.)

And then I washed the dishes, and when Mom came home, we went over to Target to look at cover-ups for our upcoming family beach trip. And of course, I not only found a really cute cover-up, but a swimsuit as well. So, now I have three bathing suits for the trip, which is probably two more than I need, but oh well. The one I bought is really different from the halter top ones I normally buy, so it'll take some getting used to, but I like it. Mom was able to find a cover-up for herself, and she got herself and Quinn some new flip flops for the beach and pool. And then we saw my aunt, so we ended up talking for a while with her.

When we finally got home, it was already 6:30 or so, and so we had dinner and watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy and then Quinn went downstairs. So, Mom, Dad, and I watched The Hurt Locker, which was just alright. It was cool to see all the IED removal procedures and the crazy ways you could hook up a bomb, but the storyline itself wasn't terribly interesting for me. But it might just be one of those films that you need to see more than once to really get it...

And after that, I let Ella out for a while. The platform we ordered (she's chewed the original one up so much that its unstable and we had to order a replacement) finally arrived, and I got it all set up for her. Hopefully, she won't chew this one apart, but if she does, replacing it is relatively cheap, so we should be good either way. And I have this wonderful scratch mark on my leg from where she jumped off my leg while I was cleaning her cage on Sunday...which looks just great, by the way. Haha.

Okay, well, that's really about it for me. I might do some rearranging on the layout now, maybe add a few pictures or something...idk. :) [Update: Because I am so horribly indecisive, the blog name has changed yet again...and it will probably change again soon, but I felt the need to change it due to a change in mood/thinking from when I started using "One Step At A Time". Hope nobody minds...]

No comments: