Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Movie Milestone!!!

So, the reason for this post is because I just watched my 100th pre-1970 film, my first big milestone. And I thought, "Why not do a special little post for it, just because?". So, here it is... I intend to make this a fairly short post, because I'm sure nobody really cares but me, but I wanted to have it up here anyway. So, here's the breakdown...

- First film watched was Gone with the Wind (1939), and the last film was The African Queen (1951).

- The earliest was Our Hospitality (1923), and the latest was The Lion in Winter (1968).

- The longest was Gone with the Wind at 238 mins., the shortest was Indiscretion of an American Wife at 63 mins.

- My most-watched actress was Olivia De Havilland with 17 films, and my most-watched actor was Leslie Howard with 13 films. My most-watched pairing was Olivia De Havilland and Errol Flynn with 5 films.

- The director I saw the most films by was Michael Curtiz with 6 films (The Charge of the Light Brigade, Captain Blood, Casablanca, Dodge City, The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, The Adventures of Robin Hood).

- I watched more movies made in 1941 than any other year with 9 films (All Through The Night, Citizen Kane, The Great Lie, The Maltese Falcon, Out of the Fog, Pimpernel Smith, The Strawberry Blonde, That Hamilton Woman, They Died With Their Boots On).

- Of the 100, 6 were Best Picture winners - It Happened One Night (1934), Mutiny On The Bounty (1935), Gone With The Wind (1939), Casablanca (1943), An American In Paris (1951), and On The Waterfront (1954).

- Nineteen of the AFI's Top 100 Film Quotes appeared in the movies I watched.

- I watched 76 black and white films, and 24 color films.

- I watched 18 musicals, and all but 3 of them either starred Gene Kelly or Fred Astaire.

So, that's the factual breakdown of the 100 films...I want to work on a 'favorites' section, but I don't have time right now...maybe I'll work on it tonight for posting tomorrow.

No comments: