Saturday, July 31, 2010

You Lift My Feet Off The Ground, You Spin Me Around...

Yes, I'm back on here again. Because I'm basically stuck in the house due to this head cold, and I get bored really easily. And when I'm bored, I tend to be on the computer a lot...

Which leads to this: remember what I said yesterday (in my previous post) about that concept for another video? Well, I just finished it. Yep, whereas my "Forever on the Dancefloor" video took over a month to construct, I completed this one in twelve hours or so. Wanna see? (I know those of you not interested in classic films are probably like, "Oh my gosh, this is so annoying...why does she keep posting stuff like this?" but I'm posting anyway...sorry guys.)

This time I kept to one movie - Top Hat, although I'd rather have used Swing Time, but it wasn't readily available to me. (Top Hat had been uploaded to YouTube, while Swing Time had not.) And I think that's why it took so little time to put together...I only had the video from one movie to work from, so I wasn't flipping around looking for the right clip within all the dances from their ten films. So anyway, stripping away the mistaken identity theme of the plot of Top Hat, because that's really hard to convey through a video, you get this:


Not as exciting as the "Forever" video, but I think it fits nicely because Fred always seems to sweep Ginger off her feet, whether it be literally or figuratively. "Crazier" has been in my head for a while, since we rented The Hannah Montana Movie from Netflix, and when the song came on, all I could picture in my head was Fred and Ginger dancing. My first thought was to do a medley of some of their dances, but then I listened to the song a few times and realized that since the song tells a story, it would look better if I sort of told the story along with the music.

Again, a couple of tiny black flashes where they aren't supposed to be, but they're not as noticeable as the ones in the "Forever" video. I took the opportunity to use the 'fade' transition in this video, which I think works better here because the song is slower and not as pop/techno sounding. (You get what I'm trying to convey here, right?) I don't know how good the quality is, but with the small screen, it should be okay. My only other complaint/regret is that I didn't use much of the actual dancing from the "Cheek to Cheek" sequence; I just didn't have room for it. Had the song been another thirty seconds longer, then I could have added it in somewhere...but I think it's fine even without it.

And now I'm just starting to ramble like the last time I posted a Windows Movie Maker video...typical me.

No comments: