So, I know I haven't posted in a while...contrary to my normal laziness excuse, I've actually been busy. I don't want to bore you with all the details, but the long-story-short version of the past few days goes a little something like this:
On Thursday, I spent the night at Sylvia's to celebrate her birthday. Sylvia, Emma, Anita, Ellie and I had a great time - going out to see Grown Ups, swimming at the pool, eating pizza and cake, and modeling Sylvia's clothes. Yep, we all love Sylvia's clothes so much that we raided her closet. Sylvia picked out three outfits for each of us, and we did our make-up and hair and then went into her basement, turned on some music, and modeled the clothes and took lots of pictures.
So, afterwards, we watched (500) Days of Summer, which, in my opinion, wasn't all that great. It skipped around too much for me to keep track. But anyway, so we went to sleep after that, and Emma and Ellie left early the next morning, and Sylvia and I watched part of Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief before I went home.
On the 4th, we didn't really do much...just invited my grandmother over for dinner and then lit some sparkler fountains (they're not really fireworks, so that's my new name for them) when it got dark. My dad and brother took my grandmother home, while Mom and I worked on a jewelry project that I wanted to finish. And we watched a couple episodes of Criminal Minds before going to bed.
Except we didn't go to bed until like 2:45am, cuz Quinn saw what he said was either a rat, a mouse, or a really big spider down in the basement, and so we woke Dad and searched for whatever Quinn said he saw. And not ten minutes later, we had a teeny tiny field mouse (and by teeny, I mean like his body was only like an inch or two long) in a box, and Quinn got to let it go outside. Our guess is that he got into the garage when we were doing fireworks, and then he got into the house when we opened the door to go inside, because we couldn't find any holes or anything that he could've gotten in through.
Anyway, today I woke up late, after staying up so late the night before, and then I got ready and went to Skate Haven to meet up with a bunch of Emma's (and mine, too) friends. And we had fun skating and talking and eating and laughing and all that stuff. Sylvia won the limbo contest, and I got to catch up with Madison and Chandler, and I found out that Rachel (one of Emma's friends from Reynolds, who I just met today) and I have a lot in common. Anyway, all in all, I had a great time, and then when we took Sylvia home, I got to see her new puppy, Mickey, who is the most adorable little thing I've ever seen.
And that's basically it, so I'm going to end it here. The next few days are going to be kinda busy, so I'll have more to talk about then.
No comments:
Post a Comment