So, I was bored, and looking for something to do, and this is what happened. I'm just testing this to see how Blogger handles videos...
And by the way, I've still got a few bugs to work out of this video. There are a couple of parts where it goes black for a split second, which I just figured out is a problem with the original video that I used, and a few spots where you see another clip for a split second, which is because I've had to cut clips and Windows Movie Maker is not very precise. There's not a lot of effects or transitions right now either, as I couldn't decide which ones I liked best...so it's a pretty simple video.
And I didn't notice any of this stuff until I got it all finished and saved and converted and played it on Windows Media Player...so I'll have to go back and redo some of the clips. But that will all come later...and please excuse the quality of the actual video; this was the highest (or at least I think it was) setting I could convert it to so that it was inside the 100 MB maximum upload size. But, it's a small screen, so the quality is actually pretty decent.
So, my first ever creation in Windows Movie Maker...the description is fairly simple - a montage of video clips from various Fred Astaire & Ginger Rogers films set to Chris Brown's "Forever".
Alright, let's see if this works...it took forever to load. [Update: It is working...thank goodness!] Hope you enjoy it... (Oh, and by the way, this is not only my first WMM file, but also my first video upload to my blog!)
Just a note: The audio is off just slightly...this probably happened during the upload...so, to my eyes at least, it doesn't flow as smoothly as it should.
Haha, I keep coming back to this post and adding more writing...okay, so contrary to all the stuff I've written about it not being perfect, I'm proud of my work. As it should be...
4 comments:
What a gorgeous video - and perfect song choice too, by the way, given their reputation as the most famous pair of dancing partners. Despite what you said in your post, I thought that the timing and beats seemed pretty right-on - it was brilliantly set; I have never been able to devote enough time to be that meticulous about a WMM file. By the way, this is random, but what, in your opinion, is the best movie that they're in together (I've never seen one all the way through yet)?
Thanks! I just looked at the original file - I started it on May 25th! Of course, the majority of the work has been done in the past week or so...
I've seen 4 of the 10 they made together - Shall We Dance, Carefree, Swing Time, and Top Hat. All the critics and the like say Swing Time and Top Hat are their best, and I'd have to agree. If you only see one though, go for Top Hat...you can't beat Ginger's ostrich feather dress in the "Cheek to Cheek" number.
ADORABLE! :D
Thanks Silly!
Post a Comment