Oh, how I hate my life right now. Wanna know why? Well, my brother picked this week, of all the weeks out there, to catch a cold, and then pass it on to me tonight. So, that means that I'm not only sick, but I'm going to be missing Anita's birthday party on Saturday. So, life is just dandy. (Sorry for the real bummer mood/vibe going right now...it'll pass, I promise.)
Anyway, recap for the past few days. Well, the only thing of any importance is the movies I've watched. (You know, I really should just call this a movie review blog and stop writing all the other boring recap crap, but then I'd feel like I was missing something. But whatever.) So, back to movies...
At The Theater - Inception. Awesome movie. I thought it was so cool, the whole plot and the "dreams within dreams" stuff. And the cast was really good, too. Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, etc., etc. The cliffhanger ending was annoying though, but I kinda liked it because it made you think a little harder about the movie. And the actual going to the theater was kinda neat for me because Quinn was sick, and so I got to go with my mom and dad, almost as if I was an only child, which felt cool for those few hours. Not that I don't love my brother...
On Netflix - Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. I had seen 3/4 of it at Sylvia's a while back, and I had liked it, so we put it on the queue. And I loved it...very neat storyline. It had sorta the same story as Clash of the Titans, but as a modern-day, kids/teens version. And I kinda liked it better that way. More approachable, and more fun. I love the whole scene at the Lotus hotel in Vegas...just too funny. Quinn stuck around to watch it, even after saying that he probably wasn't going to like it, and when it had ended, he said he was wrong and that he actually thought it was pretty cool.
On the DVR - I've kinda accidentally been watching a lot of Humphrey Bogart films. After seeing Dark Passage, I watched Dark Victory, which starred Bogie and Bette Davis and George Brent and Ronald Reagan, which was very good. A very thought-provoking piece, as it dealt with one of the characters having only a few months to live, as the rest of the characters try to hide it from them, and being ready to face death when it comes, and so on and so forth. Very sad film, but a very good one as well.
The next one was Key Largo, which was the last of the Bogie-Bacall movies I had yet to see. This is definitely my least favorite of the four they made together, as the plot was just not up to snuff, and it seemed to drag on forever. But, it was still neat to watch...
And the one I most recently watched was The Two Mrs. Carrolls, which was...interesting. Bogart plays an artist who, every time he falls in love with another woman, slowly poisons his current wife with glasses of milk. Yes, that's the plot. It's technically more complicated than that, but I can't seem to find the right way to lay it out for you...you'll just have to trust me on this one.
Um, what else? Well, in it's absence, I've reconnected with my love of Criminal Minds. A&E runs marathons sometimes, and when we have nothing else to watch, most of the time, that's what goes on. I cannot wait until September when Season 6 premieres...they left us with a nice cliffhanger ending with the ever-creepy Tim Curry as the bad guy, and I'm anxious to find out what happens. In the meantime, I've been watching bloopers online and looking at the music videos that people have made with scenes from the series.
Ooh, speaking of music/tribute videos, I'm back on Windows Movie Maker...I've got a concept for another Astaire/Rogers video, but we'll see how it all plays out. WMM is so annoyingly tricky...it always freezes up on me, so we'll see how long my patience lasts on this one.
Okay, I've written enough, and I'm really tired right now...must be the cold getting to me. So, I bid you farewell for the time being...
No comments:
Post a Comment