You know it's summer when the days all start to blur together. Which is exactly how I feel right now. Things are pretty normal around here...nothing much to report, but, as usual, I'm blogging anyway.
We haven't really been doing much, mainly because of the heat. But we have been watching movies...Mom and her Netflix obsession. We watched The Duchess a few days ago, which was actually really good. It was about Georgiana Cavendish, the Duchess of Devonshire; the storyline was very Marie Antoinette-esque, but good nonetheless. Keira Knightley just looks like she belongs in period films. The costumes were spectacular, and the acting was good, too. Ralph Fiennes and Dominic Cooper were, I think, a good fit for each of their roles. Anyway, I thought it was a neat movie.
The other movie we saw was The Taking of Pelham 123, starring John Travolta and Denzel Washington, which was pretty boring for me. I mean, I enjoy hostage scenarios and all that, but the whole plot just wasn't that interesting. There's one part where the whole squadron of cops-on-motorcycles is leading a car carrying the money to the subway station, and the whole scene is just so unbelievable... But oh well.
I spent a few hours on Saturday at Sylvia's with Anita, which was really fun. We played with Mickey, who is absolutely adorable, and then we put on our swimsuits and went to her neighborhood pool. And we talked and started making plans for a couple of get-togethers. And then we went back to her house, and we pretty much left after that. But, I had a lot of fun, as I always do spending time with my friends.
On the agenda for the week... Mom's working more hours this week since some of her co-workers are going to be off, so that means a lot of movie-time for me. Dinner with my grandmother as usual on Wednesday. And only two and a half weeks until the start of the beach trip!
No comments:
Post a Comment