Well, I think now I have enough for a decent recap post...
Okay, so Monday and Tuesday were normal. I was able to watch The Petrified Forest and The Spirit of St. Louis, both of which were excellent. I learned a lot about Charles Lindbergh from the latter, how much of it is true I'm not sure. But, anyway, I'm nearing 200, so I feel another celebratory post coming on...
Anyway, so Monday and Tuesday were normal, but today was much more interesting. Mom took the day off, so we got up and headed off to my orthodontist appointment. We got there at 10:10am, ten minutes early for my 10:20 appointment, and we were out by about 10:15. Seriously, why do I need to go then, if I spend only five minutes in the chair? I didn't even get checked by Dr. Chermak, the lady basically just checked me herself and let me go. Ugh, what a big waste of time.
So, after that whole five minutes, we stopped at Walgreen's, and Mom picked up some tennis balls, because she and Quinn have been talking about playing some tennis. So, we got home, had lunch, and then drove out to Rural Hall Park. Well, apparently, they're redoing theirs at the moment, so we drove out to Tobaccoville Park, and Mom and Quinn attempted to hit it back and forth, while I ran (well, walked, it was so hot) around picking up the tennis balls and throwing them back. And by the end of it, Quinn was being a baby, because I threw a ball at him, and he wasn't ready for it, so he got hit, and we were all really tired.
To cool off, we drove to my aunt's, and chilled at the pool for an hour. Except I could not take the sun shining down on me. Normally, I love really hot weather, because then the water feels so much more refreshing, but the water is still really cold, so I didn't get in past my knees, and therefore, didn't cool off completely before laying out and trying to tan, But, whatever.
Anyway, we came home, started the prep work for dinner, changed out of our bathing suits, and then Mom and I watched Oprah's last two episodes. (On a side note, I officially hate WXII12...they interrupted broadcasting for practically the whole afternoon and evening, which, in my opinion, was totally unnecessary.) So, we watched Oprah, which was pretty good, and then Mom got ready and left for work.
I finished up on the dinner stuff, and Dad and Granny came over, and we had pot roast with baked potatoes and salad and an orange cream cake for dessert. And then, we watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy and an hour of Minute to Win It before Dad and Quinn took Granny home. I washed the dishes while they were gone, and then let Ella out. Mom got home, and we watched Modern Family before going to bed.
Oh, I keep forgetting to do this...here's what I gave to Aaron for his birthday. (Click the pic for a better view.)
You can't really tell in the picture, but the bigger words are popped out with pop dots. I think it kinda turned out like Wordle on crack. Oh, and it's the lyrics to "Good Life" by OneRepublic, by the way.
Anyway, nothing much coming up. Just chilling for Memorial Day weekend...going over to my mom's co-worker's house at some point, but that's about it.
Update: Well, things just got a little busier. I'm babysitting Malcolm and Watson again on Friday night.
No comments:
Post a Comment