Friday, May 27, 2011

Recipe for a Scrumptious Life

I was perusing through the crap in my room (I need to do some serious cleaning sometime soon), and found this on the cover of an old issue of Skirt! magazine.

Recipe for a Scrumptious Life

No more sour grapes. Spilt milk? Let it go. Music wherever you go, in your head or on the radio. More than you need, less than you want. Enough silence to hear your conscience. A little grief to keep you grounded. True joy, not the laugh track kind. A doctor you trust with your life, a handyman you trust with your house key, a lover you trust with your heart, a friend you trust with your secrets. A car that behaves as if it's always under warranty. Long lunches with smart people. A talent for kindness. One pair of expensive shoes for job interviews and rendezvous. Jeans that make you look like a long, tall drink of firewater. A teenager who thinks you're still cool. The pop! pop! pop! of champagne corks whenever you make an entrance. S'more of everything!

Okay, so not everything applies to me necessarily, but I still thought it was worth posting.

As of yesterday, I have realized that my creativity is gone. I have suddenly lost all passion for reading, writing, doing crafty things, creating new videos, etc, etc. And it sucks to feel like that. I have a bazillion different projects that I've started, but never finished, and another bazillion ideas of things I'd like to start on. Grr.

Anyway, nothing much happened yesterday, with the exception of me watching Four's a Crowd, which was really cute. Today, well, nothing much is happening today either, just chilling at the house until I babysit this evening.

Update: Currently, it is 10:45pm, I'm tired, and I have so many emotions flowing through me, it's insane. And well, crap, I can't really vent on here because some of the emotions I'm feeling are being (indirectly) caused by some of my readers. Maybe it's just because I'm so tired...ugh.

Okay, you know what? Here's my compromise...I vent, but not directly name any names or situations or anything. I'm tired mentally (aka why I have no creativity), and I'm tired physically (and I have no idea why). I love being uniquely me, but I'm tired of not fitting in with, like, anyone. I'm tired of crushing on the same boy for, I don't know, years, and him still not knowing a thing about it. I'm tired of fading into the shadows while everyone around me stays forever in the spotlight. I'm tired of feeling left out...

Okay, so I'm a big baby. I don't know what this funk is that I'm going through right now. I guess everything's just hitting me all at once. I don't get it. Anyway, I just wanted to unburden myself, I guess. Maybe I should go get some sleep.

No comments: