Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Actually Did A 5K!!!

Well, boy, do I have some things to talk about.

So, on Friday, I got up, got ready, watched The Philadelphia Story, and then Mom came home, and we had lunch. The weather was so nice that we decided to head to the pool for a few hours. Which I really needed, because my skin is so pasty white. So, we did that, and then we came home, and watched Oprah, and then chilled for a while. And the rest of the evening was normal.

On Saturday, Mom and I went to the pool for a few hours, and then I came home and discovered that I was majorly sunburned. So, I chilled for a little while, and then Mom, Quinn, and I went to Fleet Feet to pick up our bibs and t-shirts for the 5K. They didn't order enough smalls, so they didn't have a shirt for me, so they put one on order, and I'll get it eventually. So, we got those, and then headed to BLL Rotisserie for dinner, and then we stopped at AC Moore for a few things.

Then, Mom dropped me off for babysitting, and I basically watched Malcolm and Watson play video games for an hour and a half, and then, we popped in a movie, and I put Watson down. Then, I put Malcolm down, and ended up back in the living room, reading a little. The parents were supposed to get home by 10:30, but they called me at 9:15 to say they were coming home early, so I called Mom and had her make her way over to pick me up. They got home, and we sat and talked for a few minutes while I waited for Mom to arrive. When she got there, they paid me, and I left, and I had a snack when I got home, and then went to bed.

I got at 7:00am today, and got ready, and then Mom and I drove out to Hanes Park for the 5K. It was pretty busy, so we parked and headed over to the main area, and waited around until they announced it was time to start. So, we all walked to the starting line, and then started our walk. It was about three laps around on the sidewalks, and by the time we finished (in just under an hour), it was hot out. So, we went back to the main area, and had some yummy frozen yogurt from Yoforia (I had original with granola and strawberries on top), and then we sat in the shade until the rest of the participants came in. And they drew for door prizes, but neither of us won anything.

So, we headed out, and stopped at AC Moore to look for a few things, which they didn't have, so we went to Michael's instead.  We found sorta what we were looking for, so we picked it up, and then we headed home.  We had lunch at home, and then Mom and I put together the chicken cacciatore to put in the slow-cooker, and Mom and Quinn went to the pool. I washed the dishes, and then Dad and I watched a little tv before he went outside to do some yardwork, and I took a nap.

When I woke up, we watched some more tv, and then had dinner, and we watched The Secret Life of Bees, which was really, really cute. Sad, but cute. And a great cast...Dakota Fanning, Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, and I never realized that Paul Bettany was the dad. You know, the creepy, monk guy in The DaVinci Code? That's him. I was sitting there the whole movie going, "That can't be him," then, "No, that it is him," and back and forth, and then I finally got to the credits, and I was like, "Oh, duh, it was him." Lol.

So, anyway, now I'm just chilling downstairs, letting Ella run around. The storm outside is nice. And that's about all I got. On the agenda for the next few days...just an orthodontist appointment on Wednesday for a retainer check.

No comments: