Sunday, May 15, 2011

I Love Parties...

Alright, everyone...I'm back. Totally tired, but back on here, and ready to blog.

So, on Saturday, I got up, got ready, had lunch with Mom, and then finished up Aaron's gift and card, and waited around for a while. Then, at around 4:00pm, I started to get ready...hair, clothes, accessories, etc. By 5:00, I was ready, so mom drove me over to Aaron's so I could help him set up for his party.

I got there, and we immediately started into the decorating. I worked on the streamers, both in the basement and in the foyer, and then I put food into the bowls and arranged them on the counter. Honestly, I was so caught up in my work, I didn't really know what exactly Aaron was doing, other than trying to fasten a toga out of his parents' bedsheet and complaining about how hard it was to walk around in a skirt. :) And talking to his sister on Skype... We did go outside at one point to place a couple of balloons at strategic places (the stop sign on the corner, the edge of his driveway, near the sidewalk, etc.)...and I got asked the ever-popular "Will you marry me?" by Aaron, because he seems to think I'm cool or something.

Anyway, we finished up just as the first guests started arriving, and soon, everything was in full swing. We were all dancing to the music, talking amongst ourselves, and just having fun. The rain let up just enough for us to go outside, and everyone played Quidditch, which was a delight to watch. I think everyone was really exhausted afterward, not to mention muddy and covered in grass. So, we cleaned off, and then headed back inside so Aaron could open his gifts, all of which were very cool.

Then, we pulled out the cake, lit the candles, and sang "Happy Birthday". Aaron blew out the candles, and we ate...chocolate cake with white icing, which I thought was really yummy. Then, we talked and played and danced a little more, and then everyone settled in to watch Tangled, which I'd never seen before. It was actually really cute, and definitely pretty funny. After the movie, everyone started to head home, and we started the clean up. By the time everyone left, it was already after 11:30pm, so Aaron and I finished up the cleaning and then hung around and talked a little before my mom came to pick me up.

I was totally exhausted when I got home. I ended up just having a snack and heading to bed, but I didn't get into bed until about 1:15am. A couple things I realized that night - Aaron and his friends like applauding other people, everyone likes to hug (I think I got hugged more times that night than ever before), and every song on Aaron's playlist is his favorite. Also, that the original plan was a bonfire and a party, and the Quidditch and costumes came about via pushy suggestions from friends. :)

On Sunday, I woke up late, got up, got ready, and then Mom and I ran a couple of errands, first to Office Depot so she could get a notebook, then to the grocery store. We came home, unloaded the groceries, and then, I grabbed a snack and went downstairs to upload and edit the party pictures. It took me a couple of hours, but I finally got through them, and pulled the best ones to put on Facebook. In the four hours or so of partying, I took about 235 pictures! So, I narrowed it down to around 90, and then uploaded them to Facebook.

Then, Mom, Quinn, and I (Dad was working at the Deacon Tower) went to Subway and Pizza Hut to pick up dinner, and then headed home, and ate while Mom and I watched The Tourist, with Johnny Depp and Angelina Jolie. I'd already seen it before, but Mom hadn't, so we watched it, and then I went to check my email...I had 234 new messages in my inbox! Most were "Aaron Sebright tagged so-and-so in your photo", so it wasn't anything special, but still cool.

And then, Mom and I watched an episode of Modern family, and an episode of The Big Bang Theory, and after that, I went downstairs and cleaned Ella's cage. I came back up afterward (Dad was home by then), and Mom made tea for us, and we sat and watched the end of the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie, which is one of my favorites. And then, it was pretty much off to bed...

Oh, and if you want to see pictures from the party, I have them on Facebook. I'm a little lazy right now, and don't feel like uploading them here, too. I know I promised a picture of my homemade gift for Aaron, but I don't have the file on my laptop (it's on the desktop downstairs), so I guess I'll post that here next time I'm on. But, I will post this picture, because it's one of the few pictures of me that I actually have from that night.


And I'll leave you with that. I'm tired, and ready for bed. Goodnight! :)

1 comment:

Sylvia said...

DUDE, TANGLED IS LIKE MY FAVORITE MOVIE IN THE WORLD!!! :D